The Student Room Group

Letting someone borrow my ID for boxing day..

>>>>>
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Joeduffy234
I'm 18 and hes 17, and I've let him use my ID since hes going clubbing on boxing day. Our faces KIND OF look like each other on the picture, but hair is completely different. He also looks a lot older than me anyway.

Will it get taken off him if they dont let him in? Or will they just tell him to get lost? I really dont want it taken off me..

They will confiscate it if they think it's not him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It will probably be taken off him if they don't think it's him
I'm In a similar situation for New Year's Eve, my friend wants to borrow mine but I really don't want her to :tongue:
Reply 4
I don't know where these other posters are from but i've never in my life heard of someone having the ID confiscated, they usually just say no and give it back to them.
Meh, depends on the bouncer. Some places will take it without a second glance, some will be nice about it and tell you to go away and not to try again and other places will take the ID, call the Police and get you arrested. Not worth the risk if you ask me, boxing day will be very strict anyway because everyone is going to be out. Not worth losing your ID or getting into trouble.
2 of my friends have had their ID confiscated. Also, giving someone your ID is a serious offence and the police can if they wish chase it up. Use your head and don't do it. Your friend should have ID if he is old enough. If not then that is not problem and not something they should put on you. You don't have to bail them out.
If he gets found out, you could both get in trouble. I wouldn't do it personally.
Original post by Joeduffy234
I'm 18 and hes 17, and I've let him use my ID since hes going clubbing on boxing day. Our faces KIND OF look like each other on the picture, but hair is completely different. He also looks a lot older than me anyway.

Will it get taken off him if they dont let him in? Or will they just tell him to get lost? I really dont want it taken off me..

As an adult - not only could it be taken off your 17 yr old mate - you could be charged for identity fraud potentially.

Don't risk it.
Reply 9
Lmao, you're unlikely to get charged like the guy said above. But London bouncers are pricks and will confiscate it they then hand it to the police station where you can pick it up afterwards ( just say you lost it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by deedee123
I don't know where these other posters are from but i've never in my life heard of someone having the ID confiscated, they usually just say no and give it back to them.

Me neither. It happend to me once (It was actually my ID but they didnt believe it was me cause I was blonde at the time and my photo had brown hair :rolleyes:) and a few of my friends when they were underage, they just refused to let us in. I guess some places are stricter than others though and even if they do confiscate and call the police it I doubt anyone would get charged for it, I imagine the police have more important things to deal with. Saying that I wouldnt do it myself, mainly because the other person might lose it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
When i read the title of this thread i knew it would be full of people going "DON'T DO IT THEY'LL DEFINITELY GET ARRESTED FOR FRAUD" :lol:
Reply 12
Take note, you only get nicer treatment because you're a girl. Bouncers are scum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending