The Student Room Group

Braces

I am having two teeth out and then braces I would like to know if the numbing hurts and where they numb it after experiencing having my toe numb

:colondollar:
Original post by Ellie_.
I am having two teeth out and then braces I would like to know if the numbing hurts and where they numb it after experiencing having my toe numb

It shouldn't do at all, it will just feel really weird and slightly uncomfortable. When I had a tooth out the nurse got some of the numbing gel on my lip and it felt like it was hanging down and stuff. But no hurt, just weird.
Original post by Ellie_.

The numbing doesn't hurt. You might get a tiny prick as they inject the anaesthetic (if you're worried about that, tell them and they will be able to put on some numbing gel before the needle goes in which will stop you from feeling that), and then you don't feel any pain. As they pull the teeth out, you'll feel tugging and jerking but no actual pain where it's happening. Then as the anaesthetic wears off the spot(s) where the teeth were will be sore for a while afterwards - standard painkillers will help with that. Putting the braces on doesn't hurt, just feels a bit strange.
Reply 3
Thankyou, where abouts do they numb it
Reply 4
Original post by Ellie_.

In my opinion, it hurts more when the anesthetic wears off! I had two teeth extracted before I had braces, this is going back 5-6 years ago.
Nah, it doesn't hurt. I had it done when I was 13 and I was the wimpiest kid ever and it didn't bother me. You'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest