The Student Room Group

Paying for the tuition fees upfront from abroad?

Not sure if this is the right place for my question, hopefully someone can move it if it's not.

My uncle wants to pay for my tuition fees upfront at the start of each year. I know that I'll have to pay during enrolment at the start of the year, but the problem is that my uncle is living out side of UK, even outside of the EU.

I'm not an international student and I live in the UK, but my uncle doesn't want to send the money to my account because he says there are some legal issues (or maybe he just doesn't trust me), so he wants to pay directly to the university from his bank. Would this be possible? Would he have to come to the UK to authorise the payment or something?
Reply 1
It should be fine. The university's priority is getting your fee money, so they'll make it as easy as possible! Just contact the uni's Finance Office, explain the situation and ask them how they want it done. I can't imagine there would be a problem and your uncle certainly won't have to come to the UK. There's an established international money transfer process which should allow money to be moved from a bank account anywhere in the world, to a bank account anywhere else in the world - all major banks are part of this. You just need to know the correct bank codes and account numbers - the university will be able to tell you theirs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending