The Student Room Group

Are there any nonsmokers who do not mind ( some ) smoking pubs?

I am a happy smoker and i prefer a smoking pub to go to when i go out, but at the same time i aplaude the rising of non smoking pubs because there is a certain demand for it and i would not like to bother some nonsmoker with my smoke,

But are there also any non smokers who would setle if for example 30% of all pubs were to be smoking pubs and 70% nonsmoking ? Or 20% /80% ?

Second question :

The gouvernement says that people who work in a pub should be protected from second hand smoke, but what if I who smoke LIKE to work in a smoking pub ? Would it not be litle strange if the gouvernement would forbid me that ?
(edited 10 years ago)
I'd prefer people not to smoke in any pub, especially considering I have asthma :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy96
I'd prefer people not to smoke in any pub, especially considering I have asthma :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but where I live there are 4 pubs besides eachother, and 3 of them are non smoking ( and filled with nice drinking people ) and one is for the people who DO like to smoke,, Is not there plenty of choise for you to go out then in the weekend? or do you persist that ALL 4 shops become anti smoke ? Where must i go then if i want to meet smoking people ?
are there also any non smokers who would setle if for example 30% of all pubs were to be smoking pubs and 70% nonsmoking ? Or 20% /80% ?

Course I would yeah, I'm not gonna bother typing essays but in my opinion pubs were better when you could smoke in them, as were nightclubs and football grounds. As a non smoker I'd rather you still at least had the option to do that. Reformed smokers & non smokers are the biggest high horse bellends going.

Quick Reply

Latest