The Student Room Group

I want to change my university options, HELP!

I'm a complete idiot and if anyone can help me, I would be so grateful. Obviously, it's a week past the deadline and I think I've made a mistake. Long story short, I've put down five local unis because of various reasons such as my drama group and my then-boyfriend, but I had a sudden realisation today that I actually want to go away to somewhere like Bournemouth, which I've heard is brilliant for my chosen course of Journalism. I sent my application off last Tuesday, haven't yet received anything through the post from UCAS and haven't had any offers, I know that I would be marked down as a late applicant, but is it possible and worth changing one of my options now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't change Unis at this stage. The 7 days have elapsed. You can only ask for course changes.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
You can't change Unis at this stage. The 7 days have elapsed. You can only ask for course changes.

What if I haven't received my welcome letter or had any offers as of yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't matter. 7 days is 7 days. See http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/tracking-your-application/making-changes

Your only course of action now is to live with the Uni choices you've made, OR cancel your entire application and reapply next year, OR cancel all your individual choices and apply for one course at a time through Extra.

Extra opens late February. Not all courses at all Unis will be available. You need to cancel all your current choices (even if you receive any offers on those choices) to be eligible, so this is risky - you could end up with a) nothing or b) only a course choice you don't want. See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationadvice/9929754/Ucas-Extra-how-does-it-work.html
Maybe decline any offers you do get and go through Extra? Or I think you may be able to just withdraw your choices and go through Extra but don't quote me on the second part :smile:
Best idea would be to call up UCAS and have them talk through your options with you :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending