The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult Nursing 2014 (Bournemouth Uni)

Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone who has had an interview for adult nursing at Bournemouth university took a long time to get a reply. Before I had my interview I got a letter asking me for which placement I would like and also a reference. I sent off the blue form before I went for my interview (least 1 week before) i had my interview yesterday and my referee has only just got the letter for her it give me a reference, do you think that they will wait to get that back before giving me an offer?

I worry too much. :frown:
xxx
Reply 1
Hi,

no they won't wait for the reference to come back. I have had my interview and have been offered a place as my second reference hasn't been done yet.

if you get an offer one of the conditions is you have to have had 2 references back.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Thanks! I have gotten an offer too! Congratulations :biggrin: xx
Reply 3
Ive got an offer for Bournemouth adult nursing next year too. :smile: Will you two be going into halls? xx
Reply 4
Original post by denisewignall93
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone who has had an interview for adult nursing at Bournemouth university took a long time to get a reply. Before I had my interview I got a letter asking me for which placement I would like and also a reference. I sent off the blue form before I went for my interview (least 1 week before) i had my interview yesterday and my referee has only just got the letter for her it give me a reference, do you think that they will wait to get that back before giving me an offer?

I worry too much. :frown:
xxx

My referee got a letter a couple of days after I returned my blue form. She sent it back by email the next day. I have my interview for adult nursing on 4th March. It doesn't look like there are maths and English tests , is that correct?
Original post by PSgirl
My referee got a letter a couple of days after I returned my blue form. She sent it back by email the next day. I have my interview for adult nursing on 4th March. It doesn't look like there are maths and English tests , is that correct?

There is no maths and English tests :smile: xx
Reply 6
I have an interview on the 4th march too! Can anyone give me any tips on what questions they ask?

Thanks xx
Reply 7
Hey I'm in my first year of the course at Bournemouth uni and for my interview we all watched a video about a relative who's son had been in hospital and he was talking about all the things the hospital did wrong, then in small groups of about 6 we had to discuss issues we picked up from the video. We did go off on a tangent but it was good because we discussed wider issues in the nhs etc which demonstrated out wider knowledge and for that we were observed by 2 members of staff. Throughout this it's good to really listen and respond to others, as well as offer an opinion/say something in the group chat as it shows that you are actively listening to what the others are saying. Then after that we had an individual interview with the same 2 people who observed us which was nice because it was more like an informal chat! They asked me why did I want to be a nurse, what had I read recently about the nhs/current health issues that I felt were important, they referred to my personal statement and asked me how I felt the experience from the BTEC Health and Social Care course and A levels I did would benefit me on the degree, what would I do if I was stuck on an assignment so like seek help from peers etc, how did I cope with stress, what were my long term career goals and where did I think the course was going to take me and general questions like that lol hope this helps! Just keep calm and be yourself :smile: good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Katie184
Hey I'm in my first year of the course at Bournemouth uni and for my interview we all watched a video about a relative who's son had been in hospital and he was talking about all the things the hospital did wrong, then in small groups of about 6 we had to discuss issues we picked up from the video. We did go off on a tangent but it was good because we discussed wider issues in the nhs etc which demonstrated out wider knowledge and for that we were observed by 2 members of staff. Throughout this it's good to really listen and respond to others, as well as offer an opinion/say something in the group chat as it shows that you are actively listening to what the others are saying. Then after that we had an individual interview with the same 2 people who observed us which was nice because it was more like an informal chat! They asked me why did I want to be a nurse, what had I read recently about the nhs/current health issues that I felt were important, they referred to my personal statement and asked me how I felt the experience from the BTEC Health and Social Care course and A levels I did would benefit me on the degree, what would I do if I was stuck on an assignment so like seek help from peers etc, how did I cope with stress, what were my long term career goals and where did I think the course was going to take me and general questions like that lol hope this helps! Just keep calm and be yourself :smile: good luck!

As you're already on the degree course would you recommend Bournemouth? I've always wanted to be at a campus university and Bournemouth appears to be spread out. I do know Bournemouth as I've visited there lots of times. Do you have a good social life there and what halls did you stay in? Lots of questions but it's always better to ask someone who is already studying there. Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending