The Student Room Group

Help :(

:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been there, being in love with an ex who I knew wasn't a good guy but missing him all the same. It's ridiculous that he's so jealous, I bet that must have made it tough and stressful sometimes to try and not offend him or make him jealous when you're just talking to other guys. To be honest it sounds like this might just be an excuse from him, but either way he's been an idiot.

I know it's easy for somebody on the outside to say, but it sounds like you're better off without him, although it will take you a while to see.
Reply 2
Original post by Jessie-x
I've been with this guy for 2 years and am completely in love with him. I made a stupid comment on a social networking site to another guy, for everyone to see, not a secret at all. He was very upset and 6 months after being completely normal with me has decided to break it off because of it. I don't go clubbing or talk to other guys but he's so jealous. I know he's not actually a very nice guy in some respects but I miss him so much, just can't shake this off - please help!

just get a rebound guy
Reply 3
Yeah I'm not like that. I like meaningful relationships with private jokes and stuff. It's just hard like starting afresh I guess

sacrifices must be made.
I've had that to (but with a girl =P ) and the best cure for it unfortunately for me was time, everyone kept saying theirs plenty more fish in the sea or what ever but that just don't help, i know your pain, and there will be someone else out there for you who is perfect for you. What i did to try and help was go out more with mates or play more sports, do more fun activities as to pull my mind away from the matter, hope I've helped a little bit, chin up it will be fine =)
Reply 5
Thank you. I think it's like the loneliness. He was my best friend .. I'm jewish and he''s muslim .. he proposed last year (he's 20 and I'm 18), I'm madly in love with him but its so stupid. I guess he realised it would never work. Just feel like i'll never find someone else. He's always tell me he loved my chubby hands and cheeks and make me feel loved (I realise this makes me sound like an obese person haha, i just have unfortunate hands and high cheek bones with a bit of chubbyness :P)

I definitely get the loneliness, that always takes quite a while to pass. It must be so hard because you thought you'd always be together, but what he's done is really immature.

The thing that you need to remember is that 18 the chances anyone finding the person they'll spend the rest of their life with is pretty slim. When you're feeling better about it all you'll be able to enjoy being young, free and single. There's plenty of time to meet the man of your dreams and someone who makes you feel special, you;re too young to worry about becoming a crazy cat lady :nyan:
Thanks that did help. I just miss our little jokes. It's like we lived in a bubble. I know that's not healthy but I miss my bubble
aww well i know im not much of a help but im always here if u just wanna chat about anything =D
I've been with this guy for 2 years and am completely in love with him. I made a stupid comment on a social networking site to another guy, for everyone to see, not a secret at all. He was very upset and 6 months after being completely normal with me has decided to break it off because of it. I don't go clubbing or talk to other guys but he's so jealous. I know he's not actually a very nice guy in some respects but I miss him so much, just can't shake this off - please help!

Maybe if you're going to make stupid comments, you simply do not deserve him. Let him go, he deserves better.
Reply 8
You're right hahaha. He was really immature. It was long distance for a while cos he lived abroad. For my 18th I planned a trip with my mum to go see him and the day before he told me he wouldn't see me. He said cos he'd just been diagnosed with ms (which I don't even know is true). I know I shouldn't miss him but it's so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so bad he cancelled so last minute and he should have wanted you to be there for him! It's not your fault you struggling to get over him, people miss even really awful exes that were abusive etc. You thought you had a future together, part of finding this hard to deal with is that your idea of what your life will be life has changed. Don't beat yourself up about it, this will just take time
That would be nice. Thanks
no problem at all :smile:
The comment was like "haha I wanna kidnap you, you make me laugh"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, considering that you have spend much of this thread, stating how you think he is unhealthy and "not a nice person" as you rather crudely put it. I certainly do not blame him for leaving you, you sound rather psychotic to be honest.
Reply 11
Original post by impartialdebater
Maybe if you're going to make stupid comments, you simply do not deserve him. Let him go, he deserves better.

One comment that wan't even hidden from him- no big deal 6 months later. I hope you'll just ignore this stupid comment above OP
Reply 12
Well, considering that you have spend much of this thread, stating how you think he is unhealthy and "not a nice person" as you rather crudely put it. I certainly do not blame him for leaving you, you sound rather psychotic to be honest.

Lol what's wrong with you? I sound psychotic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol what's wrong with you? I sound psychotic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not the one informing people that I want to "kidnap them". you sound incredibly dangerous and if you even slightly care about his welfare, you will distance yourself from him. As you do not deserve him.
Reply 14
Original post by That_Girl!
One comment that wan't even hidden from him- no big deal 6 months later. I hope you'll just ignore this stupid comment above OP

Thank you. I've been nothing but faithful to him. It's just happened to suddenly. Gonna download a kindle app to my iPad and start reading. That'll get my mind off him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I am not the one informing people that I want to "kidnap them". you sound incredibly dangerous and if you even slightly care about his welfare, you will distance yourself from him. As you do not deserve him.

Pfft get lost. It was obviously a joke -_- you don't know me and you don't know him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That_Girl!

I think that is up to the man himself to decide. He has decided by the sounds of it that OP is insidious and I completely sympathise with him.
Pfft get lost. It was obviously a joke -_- you don't know me and you don't know him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again you seem like quite an angry bitter, even hateful individual, that man should distance himself from you as that is what you do with diseases you quarantine them.
Reply 18
I think that is up to the man himself to decide. He has decided by the sounds of it that OP is insidious and I completely sympathise with him.

Okidoke :smile: get lost now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okidoke :smile: get lost now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think people need to be informed about you. You are nasty manipulative (though perhaps not intelligent enough to be that) and you behaviour indicates that you might also have criminal tendencies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending