The Student Room Group

21-year old virgin male, don't feel ready for sex...

Scroll to see replies

if you don't feel ready for sex, just visit our website, our girls suggest you how you feel about sex. thanks

Original post by Riku
Is that weird? Of course I'm a horny devil, but insofar as being ready to trust another and share myself with someone like that…no, I'm not.
I don't expect many guys to understand this. Is this a sign of deep-seated psychological issues?
Original post by ThePoster
Yep, I'd like to think there's a perfect someone for everyone.

This is such an idealistic and naive view :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
This is such an idealistic and naive view :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not, considering the are 7 billion people on the planet. To clarify, I don't mean just one person. Statistically, there almost has to be someone that's compatible for everyone.
Original post by Riku
But I'm not a 'young teen', I'm 21 years old in a hyper-sexualised British University culture, so it's starting to get to the part where they wonder if something's wrong with me. Especially since I'm not (devoutly) religious now
So religion was the reason for not taking up the opportunity or wanting to have sex before?

Original post by lucaf
when people say they are not ready to lose their virginity I always feel they are putting sex on a pedestal. I mean, sex is good and all, but it is hardly a life changing magical experience and I don't really see a reason to put it off. While I can understand not wanting to have one night stands, not wanting to have sex at all seems a bit wierd. When you finally do it you will probably be underwhelmed and wonder while you waited so long, it isn't that special.

Agreed. I have yet to meet someone who could honestly say they had an an amazing life changing experience for their first time. In fact the people i know who have issues regarding their sex life, are the very people that put so much thought into it and treat sex like a big deal.

Unless you're having unprotected sex and bullying people into it, what on earth is the big deal? Trying to scare people from having sex or telling them they need to find this mythical Mr or Mrs right before they lose their virginity, is counterproductive to reality.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
I'm 19 (nearly 20) and I'm not ready for sex either. Don't worry about it, it will happen when you're ready, would you rather it was with someone who you loved or just doing it to get it over and done with?
Reply 25
Original post by lucaf
when people say they are not ready to lose their virginity I always feel they are putting sex on a pedestal. I mean, sex is good and all, but it is hardly a life changing magical experience and I don't really see a reason to put it off. While I can understand not wanting to have one night stands, not wanting to have sex at all seems a bit wierd. When you finally do it you will probably be underwhelmed and wonder while you waited so long, it isn't that special.

I want to have sex with someone I care about deeply and trust. Not a random attractive stranger I don't care for and can't trust.
Original post by Riku
I want to have sex with someone I care about deeply and trust. Not a random attractive stranger I don't care for and can't trust.
I don't think anyone has disagreed with your right to decide when to have sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending