The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Chemical Engineering

I received an offer for Chem Eng at UCL which I'm probably gonna firm, just wanted to ask is there any specific reason why the Chem Eng course at UCL has such a lack of Chemistry in it. There are only a few modules involving serious chemistry and most of them are related to Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
how good is the chem eng facilities at UCL, they showed us just one crappy laboratory when we were there?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
The course is like that everywhere :smile:
Original post by sjrahman
I received an offer for Chem Eng at UCL which I'm probably gonna firm, just wanted to ask is there any specific reason why the Chem Eng course at UCL has such a lack of Chemistry in it. There are only a few modules involving serious chemistry and most of them are related to Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have an offer from them and wanted to go there but all the reviews are making me question it. Can you pls let me know if it was as bad as the reviews have said.

Thank you
Original post by sjrahman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it's a chemical engineering course. That's what chemical engineering is a field. It's probably about 70% maths, 25% physics, and 5% chemistry.

If you want to study chemistry at uni, in the manner you have studied at A-level, then you should apply to degrees in chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending