The Student Room Group

Would you take a bullet for your significant other?

I was wondering what TSRians thought on this topic, as I was talking with friends who had girlfriends/boyfriends and they for the most part would take a bullet for their other half. For those of you in a relationship, would you risk your life for your partner? For those who are single, do you think it would take someone you really loved and was in a relationship with for a long time to do something like this? Of course, one can't draw a line at 'bullet-taking expected' after going out for x amount of time.

I understand that in a real life situation decision making would be instantaneous, and you can't really know what you would do in such a situation, but while single, if I were in a relationship I think I would take a bullet for my girlfriend in a heartbeat if I loved her.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Definitely!
I guess anyone in love, would do that for that person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No lol.
Reply 3
To be honest, I wouldn't. I'd rather take a bullet for an immediate family member, particularly my younger brother.
Depends on where the bullet is heading for.
Original post by kidomo
Depends on where the bullet is heading for.

Your penis.
Reply 6
Yeah, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.
Reply 7
My other half is my right hand so it would be kinda pointless I guess.
Reply 8
Nope. There are other fish in the sea!
If I loved him but I would most likely take a bullet for my mum, dad or my baby brother :smile:
Probably, but I'd try and get him out of the road rather than just jumping in front of it. That seems a bit stupid.
Yes, definitely
As bad as it sounds, no I wouldn't :nah:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MidnightDream
If I loved him but I would most likely take a bullet for my mum, dad or my baby brother :smile:

He only said partner.

I think most people would take a bullet for their mother.
I don't think I could even let a random person die if I had the chance to stop it.
Reply 15
No, I don't think I would. If I were to take a bullet for anyone then it would be my partner, but I still don't think I would.

Think of it like this:
- If they die, our relationship ends, and everything I care about in them will be gone
- If I die, our relationship ends, and everything I care about in them will be gone to me. I'll also be dead and unable to do anything else in my life.

I can't see myself ever taking a bullet for my partner. I certainly wouldn't take a bullet for my family.

Original post by Secretnerd123
I think most people would take a bullet for their mother.

I defo wouldn't.
Reply 16
For my Husband? Yes.
Well the guy I like hates me now. But if he was shot at I would push him out of the way. If that meant I got hit so be it... although preferably not.
That would depend on where the bullet's destination is.
No way I can always buy a new xbox :wink:

But seriously that would depend on many things. I suppose the fact I don't nor have I ever had a significant other doesn't help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending