The Student Room Group

help?! Urine infection??

Basically since last year ive had 3 sexual relationships. 1st not sex but other stuff. 2nd was for around 3 months during which I had regular sex, in this relationship I had a urine infection, cystitus, it was so painful and casued me to have days of school/work, it was so embarrising it cleared up after about a week. I am currently with a new partner and have been for 3/4 months we were having sex with no issues then I had another urine infection, i tried to follow advice to keep clean amd wash but every now and then it spurs up slightly and I am constantly paranoid that I need the toilet. Im slightly worried it may be chylamdia as I have had unprotected sex twice with 2nd and 3rd partners (stupid yes I know) I was wondering if anyone had advice??? Even if just how to cope with a urine infection, im so down about it
Some people are very prone to urine infections, no matter how often you treat them and how clean you keep yourself.
The symptoms of a urine infection and Chlamydia can be very similar, Chlamydia is often known as the 'silent infection', because some people catch this STI without any symptoms at all (between 70-80% of women show no signs of infection). Usually if there are symptoms they show between 1-3 weeks after having caught the infection.

If women do get symptoms, the most common include:

A change in vaginal discharge (discolour or scent)
Pain when urinating
Pain in the lower abdomen
Pain and/or bleeding during or after sex
Irregular bleeding between periods
Heavier periods than usual

Seeing as you have had unprotected sex, there is a chance you could have an STI. You should make an appointment to see your GP, whether it's a urine infection or a sexually transmitted infection, you will need to get it treated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending