The Student Room Group

leaking bladder with tampons- being dismissed

hi,
ever since July last year when i went on holiday ive been having issues with wearing tampons. i have PCOS so my periods aren’t every month thank goodness and im on day 33 at the moment and im going on holiday next friday. i have been taking inositol to regulate them and now im realising that i wont be able to wear a tampon in the pool or sea. that’s of course if it actually comes 🤣
i have issues with painful urination and struggle to urinate on periods and when i wear tampons, my bladder leaks a lot (only w tampons) and it feels like i have peed myself. it gets through my underwear but not enough to get onto chairs or anything but it happens without me knowing and when i stand up i normally find out.
the doctor and my own GP dismiss me. my GP said how vaginas are at an angle BUT why would my vagina change? i wore tampons before last July and had no issues but it is very painful having tampons too.
am i really putting them in wrong? im almost 19 and started my period at 11 surely i would know lmao
does it sound like prolapse ? but i haven’t had a baby and all the causes dont relate to me
(edited 9 months ago)
I have problems with peeing when I use larger tampons as they put pressure on my urethra/bladder. So perhaps using a smaller tampon may help? Did anything happen/change in July last year that may have contributed to this?
Original post by Anonymous
I have problems with peeing when I use larger tampons as they put pressure on my urethra/bladder. So perhaps using a smaller tampon may help? Did anything happen/change in July last year that may have contributed to this?

i have tried smaller tampons but i would leak everywhere :frown: and it still does the same. i can't wear tampons as of the bladder leakage too. nothing happened in July last year nope:/
Original post by alevelstudent090
i have tried smaller tampons but i would leak everywhere :frown: and it still does the same. i can't wear tampons as of the bladder leakage too. nothing happened in July last year nope:/

Maybe just try pads/period pants for a while?
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe just try pads/period pants for a while?

i could but id miss out on going in the sea with my family but ig ill have to just deal with it. thankssss :smile:
Reply 5
Mooncup?

Quick Reply

Latest