The Student Room Group

Started seeing a girl...now on medication.

Started seeing a girl about well basically valentines day. I've known her as a friend of sorts for the past 2 years but she only told me she likes me a couple days before V Day. I've also liked her for awhile.

Normally I have a very chilled out, relaxed persona towards pretty much everything however I got diagnosed with epilepsy the other day and have been put on a 6 month treatment.

The pills are making me very agitated and snappish (this is normal for this kind of treatment) and my moods can flip between very agitated to pissed off to normal to whatever. It's only the first week so hopefully I'll get used to them.

However I'm worried the mood swings will scare her away or I'll just insult her/treat her like **** when it's not how I want to.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Started seeing a girl about well basically valentines day. I've known her as a friend of sorts for the past 2 years but she only told me she likes me a couple days before V Day. I've also liked her for awhile.

Normally I have a very chilled out, relaxed persona towards pretty much everything however I got diagnosed with epilepsy the other day and have been put on a 6 month treatment.

The pills are making me very agitated and snappish (this is normal for this kind of treatment) and my moods can flip between very agitated to pissed off to normal to whatever. It's only the first week so hopefully I'll get used to them.

However I'm worried the mood swings will scare her away or I'll just insult her/treat her like **** when it's not how I want to.

have you told her you've been started on some medication and that these are common side effects with it? (I'm guessing as it epilepsy you probably have otherwise she may be in for a bit of a shock should you have a fit)

If not that's the best place to start. If she's a reasonable person she should understand.
(edited 10 years ago)
Like above I would tell her.
Reply 3
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Like above I would tell her.

I told her I'm on medication and about the side effects. She seemed concerned and made a joke about if I collapse she's gonna be useless.

The medication is also causing me to overthink everything I do or say to her. Its very frustrating as I normally have a very chilled out attitude towards this kind of thing and thats what attracted her to me in the first place.
Original post by Anonymous
I told her I'm on medication and about the side effects. She seemed concerned and made a joke about if I collapse she's gonna be useless.

Well she didn't just run away so that's good isn't it? :tongue:

Maybe it would be a good idea to tell her what to do if you do collapse though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending