The Student Room Group

meeting your boyfriend's parents!!! stressing out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Old_Simon
Taking wine as a gift will be a disaster. Flowers are better. Or a plant.

Alright, french pastries with some flowers in them.
Reply 81
Original post by chab92
i met my boyfriends parents as our second date.. it is not as scary as you'd think once you have had the initial 'hey, I'm.... nice to meet you' and so on. just be polite and be yourself :smile: 'Posh' people are really not that bad, they are people the same as everyone else, its just that they have different hobbies etc to you. Don't worry about it.. the fact he wants you to meet his parents is a really good sign :smile:

OK, second date, I wasn't even sure about him as a potential boyfriend. :wink: I know they are humans and some are even nice, it's just I haven't been surrounded by them but I'll see.
Original post by AKWxxx
each to their own? :/ some people think murder and paedophilia is okay but the majority of the western world have the same understanding that this is morally 'wrong'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the foxes are pests (which they increasingly are becoming in rural areas, I should know, my garden is frequented by them where they chew up footballs and trample over planted vegetables) then they should be exterminated.
Reply 83
Original post by chaz1403
lol it'd be great if they react like that haha

Wear a Burka to their house, then after a while, excuse yourself go to the toilet shout random worlds in arabic and then come out in sexy clubbing attire

that will confuse them
Reply 84
Original post by AdamskiUK
If the foxes are pests (which they increasingly are becoming in rural areas, I should know, my garden is frequented by them where they chew up footballs and trample over planted vegetables) then they should be exterminated.

okay well that's your opinion, if foxes were 'exterminated' as you say, there would be more other pests such as rodents and insects. it's called leaving it to nature, if you don't there will be consequences (eg. infestation of such other pests) please look into the food chain. we can't just go around just killing things. there are plenty people i consider 'pests' but i don't exterminate them.
Reply 85
Ok, poor ppl who graduated from Oxford :wink:

Oh, O***d is "the other university"... but it's still a university.
Reply 86
Original post by MASTER265
I am sorry, I should not of said that. I forget sometimes I am in the midst of people like yourself who have the intelligence range of a crumpet

P.S crumpet

people like you*

should not have*

Learn to use proper English grammar before you try to insult people. Prick.
Reply 87
Original post by Old_Simon
Taking wine as a gift will be a disaster. Flowers are better. Or a plant.

I would advise against flowers---and I should know. I'm a whisky man myself---and so is my posh, toffee-nosed family.
Reply 88
your French is good, just apprendu is wrong it's j'ai appris and it's en même temps, otherwise it's good. Y ou know what French girls have a thing for British guys!!! So keep practising. Maybe I should bring something french.

Certainly, bring something French or German. French Armagnac or Calvados brandy (although Calvados is more Jèrriais than French), or perhaps one of your innumerable cheeses.

By the way, I write better than I speak---I mean I don't make too many mistakes, but I speak French with a VERY strong Norman accent and I get made fun of for that reason. If you can imagine it, I talk like a fisherman from St Hélier.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by James222
Wear a Burka to their house, then after a while, excuse yourself go to the toilet shout random worlds in arabic and then come out in sexy clubbing attire

that will confuse them
yeah and then bellydance on the kitchen table pouring something liquid all over my almost naked body while the dad is putting banknotes into my dress. Best plan ever
Original post by AKWxxx
okay well that's your opinion, if foxes were 'exterminated' as you say, there would be more other pests such as rodents and insects. it's called leaving it to nature, if you don't there will be consequences (eg. infestation of such other pests) please look into the food chain. we can't just go around just killing things. there are plenty people i consider 'pests' but i don't exterminate them.

Lol, it's not as if they're endangered or in fear of ending up that way. They're experiencing a population boom at the moment. You wouldn't kill them all, just cull to manage numbers...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending