The Student Room Group

This guy just achieved what every TSR'ian fantasizes about

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2014/04/01/long-island-student-accepted-to-all-eight-ivy-league-schools/

Acceptance to ALL 8 Ivy League schools:

Harvard
Yale
Princeton
Columbia
Cornell
UPenn
Dartmouth
Brown

inb4 "Harvard's my safety school"

From the article, his achievements are:
2,250 out of 2,400 SAT score

Musician: playing the electric bass, viola and participating in the school’s orchestra and a cappella group

He’s acted in several school plays since the 9th grade, participates in track, shot put and discus, and is also in the school’s Youth & Government club

I'm mirin

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well he didn't get into Cambridge/Oxford so I think some TSRians would disagree
Only 2250? Lolz.

He only applied to America cos his grades weren,t good enough for Oxbridge :colonhash:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only 2,250/2,400? Pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24
Only 2250? Lolz.

He only applied to America cos his grades weren,t good enough for Oxbridge :colonhash:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beat me to it, damn you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awkward moment where someone else makes the same bad joke as you :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awkward moment where someone else makes the same bad joke as you :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we're both hilarious, to be honest :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought every TSRian fantasized about getting with me?

This is unexpected news...
Original post by Robbie242
Well he didn't get into Cambridge/Oxford so I think some TSRians would disagree

What academically astute TSR'ian doesn't entertain the day-dream of being an Ivy League freshman?

They're not mutually exclusive

Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, 2250/2400 is nothing special considering the legions of perfect SAT students which are routinely rejected by the Ivy's. Also the SATs are meant to be quite easy compared to A-levels according to my Singaporean friends who have taken both (and gotten perfect SAT scores)
Original post by ParetoOptimum
What academically astute TSR'ian doesn't entertain the day-dream of being an Ivy League freshman?

To be fair, 2250/2400 is nothing special considering the legions of perfect SAT students which are routinely rejected by the Ivy's. Also the SATs are meant to be quite easy compared to A-levels according to my Singaporean friends who have taken both (and gotten perfect SAT scores)

Eh, I know nothing about them so that's fine :tongue: just looked pretty good to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Tarquin Digby lives for Cambridge
i was expecting this thread to be about plantaganet crown

I can't speak for the other SAT paoers, but I've had a look at the maths one and TBH it is really easy.
Even I could probably do it :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't speak for the other SAT paoers, but I've had a look at the maths one and TBH it is really easy.
Even I could probably do it :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sort of stuff does it cover?
Props to the guy.

Surprised that he got in with 2250 on his SAT I. I know a person who got at 2380 and was rejected by Princeton..

Dat_IvyLeague obsession haha. y no Stanford/MIT.

Out of interest are Asian Indians classified in the Asian category along with chinese/korean applicants or are indians considered separately so like in a sub-group to far east applicants.
What sort of stuff does it cover?

I would say it was around FMSQ level, maybe a bit harder. Its multiple choice as well. Much easier than A Level Maths IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Props to the guy.

Surprised that he got in with 2250 on his SAT I. I know a person who got at 2380 and was rejected by Princeton..

Dat_IvyLeague obsession haha. y no Stanford/MIT.

Out of interest are Asian Indians classified in the Asian category along with chinese/korean applicants or are indians considered separately so like in a sub-group to far east applicants.

No idea in terms of technical categories, though I suspect they're treated the same in practical terms (the requirements will be higher for them than whites, latinos, blacks etc)

American uni's care a lot about extra-curricular activities - high grades alone won't guarantee anything wrt the Ivy's

I would say it was around FMSQ level, maybe a bit harder. Its multiple choice as well. Much easier than A Level Maths IMO.
Posted from TSR Mobile

By FMSQ do you mean Additional Maths (free standing maths qualification)? If that's the case, then wow - so that's parts of C1, C2, S1 and M1 if I recall correctly from when I took the exam?

By FMSQ do you mean Additional Maths (free standing maths qualification)? If that's the case, then wow - so that's parts of C1, C2, S1 and M1 if I recall correctly from when I took the exam?

Yeah, that's it.

Not even S1 and M1, just some core algebra stuff. I think it's because it's taken by all students, including ones that haven't done the equivalent of A level maths, so it needs to be easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very impressive.
Didn't apply to Cambridge/ Oxford so it does not count.

Quick Reply

Latest