The Student Room Group

Does my friend have a crush on me?

I have a friend who will text me but not my other female frienda and he always texts first, he said he cared about me, told me I shouldn't get back together with my boyfriend, now I'm back with my bf he constantly asks me how things are going between us but won't ask him even though they're friends, he has nicknames for me, I've caught him staring at my boobs before, he offers to help me with my work and constantly teases me.

My other friend thinks he likes me but I'm not sure, what do you think?
Reply 1
Sounds like it but more details are needed for a straight yes.
Reply 2
Original post by sassy123
Sounds like it but more details are needed for a straight yes.

Okay thank you.

He's been opening up to me a lot more about his past and family problems he's having at the moment, I don't mind him doing this and I'm willing to be there and listen but I don't want to kind of lead him on.
Reply 3
Sounds like e really likes you OP best keep your distance if you don't like him back.
Reply 4
UPDATE: He told me I was an amazing friend. Does this make any difference?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Probably not. My mate still ended up being in a relationship with someone after they both said "you're a good friend".
Reply 6
Original post by Midcode
Probably not. My mate still ended up being in a relationship with someone after they both said "you're a good friend".

Oh :frown: So you think he does too?
Reply 7
As sassy123 said, I couldn't really tell you because I simply don't know enough. From what you did tell us though, I'd bet that he does, but only with about 80% certainty.
Original post by Anonymous

That's code for friendzone, along with ''you're like a brother/sister to me''

If he's telling you personal **** and talks to you a lot, are you sure he's not just comfortable around you/likes talking to you? :dontknow: There are about 3 people who i'll initiate a casual conversation with regularly, simply because i'm comfortable around them, I know what to talk about and I know they'll reply! It doesn't mean i'm interested.
Reply 9
It sounds like he likes you but doesn't have the confidence/ doesn't no how to confront you about it, i guess your choices are take the initiative and talk about it if you like him back or just stay friends till it blows over
Reply 10
Original post by sr90
That's code for friendzone, along with ''you're like a brother/sister to me''

If he's telling you personal **** and talks to you a lot, are you sure he's not just comfortable around you/likes talking to you? :dontknow: There are about 3 people who i'll initiate a casual conversation with regularly, simply because i'm comfortable around them, I know what to talk about and I know they'll reply! It doesn't mean i'm interested.

I don't need to be friendzoned though, he's friends with my boyfriend and knows how I wouldn't cheat on him. Very true he could just be comfortable with me, I hope this is the case!
Reply 11
Original post by patrickco
It sounds like he likes you but doesn't have the confidence/ doesn't no how to confront you about it, i guess your choices are take the initiative and talk about it if you like him back or just stay friends till it blows over

I definitely don't like him in that way, plus I'm with someone at the moment anyway. I'll just leave it, I only have to see hi for another 2/3 months and then we finish college so it shouldn't be that difficult.
Reply 12
Unloaded all of my relationship troubles to him yesterday! I'm a terrible person. He's the only one that I can talk to about it though. I feel so s**t about it :frown:
It does sound like he likes you, tbh. Even when he told you that you're an amazing friend perhaps that was just a bluff? :s-smilie:
Reply 14
I wouldn't read too much into staring at your boobs.
Reply 15
Original post by MJ1012
I wouldn't read too much into staring at your boobs.

True just makes a change that it's mine and not my friends since hers seem to be bigger or maybe it's the tight tops that make it seem that way.
Reply 16
Original post by Maid Marian
It does sound like he likes you, tbh. Even when he told you that you're an amazing friend perhaps that was just a bluff? :s-smilie:

Maybe so. I hope we're just good friends because, one of the times a friend admitted he had feelings for me it messed up our friendship. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending