The Student Room Group

Guys - what age do you want to settle down/get married POLL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You can easily change size by working out/not working out, again it's very easy to change noise or incorporate other things. Hair can be dyed/styled etc, the only ones I agree with you on is face and breast size. Even then you can cosplay and change it, I mean look what makeup can do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WTGWp1lq48

Most women don't really take kindly to being asked to change everything about themselves. Even if you find one who is willing, it won't be as good as being with someone else.

If getting women to exercise was as easy as simple asking them to, the average UK dress size wouldn't be 16.
Original post by Jebedee
Men's eyes will wander and there will always be temptation. Women have less of this temptation as their fulfilment is from the relationship itself.

There are girls like that too though.
Original post by Jebedee
Most women don't really take kindly to being asked to change everything about themselves. Even if you find one who is willing, it won't be as good as being with someone else.

If getting women to exercise was as easy as simple asking them to, the average UK dress size wouldn't be 16.

I wouldn't be offended if my partner said to me "Tonight, can you be Zooey Deschanel please?" In fact it would be fun :colone:
Reply 83
Now same-sex marriage has been legalised, I can finally respond to marriage questions. :tongue:

I don't have a specific age in mind, but somewhere around 30 sounds about right to marry and settle down. That's not to say I don't think I would be happy to marry and settle down before the age of 30 though.
Reply 84
I wouldn't be offended if my partner said to me "Tonight, can you be Zooey Deschanel please?" In fact it would be fun :colone:

How about Scarlet Johanssen, good luck pulling that one off :P
Original post by Jebedee
How about Scarlet Johanssen, good luck pulling that one off :P

I'd definitely give it a go. :tongue: Would be fun to do.
I don't plan on ever getting married, but I'd be in favour of having kids (preferably by adoption... why should we bring more kids into the world when we can barely look after the ones that are already here?) as soon as I and their other parent(s) could a) afford the expenses and b) someone could be around 24/7.
But you don't have sex in the same place all the time

And I didn't realise you meant literally every single house. A house is a house, not that much variation

Okay. I want to settle down, so I don't know why I'm arguing for that side anyway.
Reply 88
I'd definitely give it a go. :tongue: Would be fun to do.

I call dibs on pictures ^_^
Reply 89
Why on earth would a man want to get married and "settle down" ?

I have seen so many who have done it and where are they now? divorced,estranged from their children,saddled with big bills to settle claims from venomous ex wives for various expenses, made homeless or forced to re mortgage, have their hard earned pensions stolen from them.

Settle down? The time to settle down is when they box you up and bury you. Settle down = a life of control and boredom and never being able to date or make love to another woman..

Be careful what you wish for. What you want today,you might not want tomorrow.
Original post by Limpopo
Why on earth would a man want to get married and "settle down" ?

I have seen so many who have done it and where are they now? divorced,estranged from their children,saddled with big bills to settle claims from venomous ex wives for various expenses, made homeless or forced to re mortgage, have their hard earned pensions stolen from them.

Settle down? The time to settle down is when they box you up and bury you. Settle down = a life of control and boredom and never being able to date or make love to another woman..

Be careful what you wish for. What you want today,you might not want tomorrow.

How many lemons did you eat to spit out something so bitter?
Reply 91
How many lemons did you eat to spit out something so bitter?

Tyrion,,please dont mistake my input for a misogynist rant or similar.

It is quite possible to love and respect a woman without the state imposed constraint of marriage AND to have fun, and even have a child but settling down sounds so pipe,slippers,and controlling.
as soon as I find the right girl- hoping it will be 23-25 I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending