The Student Room Group

Can friends with benefits ever work??...

Recently, i've become friends with benefits with a very good friend of mine but I don't know how successful this will be.
I'm starting to get jealous of him flirting with other people and worried i'm liking him too much and don't want to lose our friendship.

Is it ever possible to work?
If anyone has any first hand incidents it would be very helpful!
Reply 1
In your case probably not, in other cases it probably can work
I became friends with benefits with one of my really close guy friends. Ended horrifically; I really ended up liking him and it freaked him out. We're not friends anymore.
Reply 3
Not if they want to continue claiming Disability Allowance.
Original post by Anonymous
Recently, i've become friends with benefits with a very good friend of mine but I don't know how successful this will be.
I'm starting to get jealous of him flirting with other people and worried i'm liking him too much and don't want to lose our friendship.

Is it ever possible to work?
If anyone has any first hand incidents it would be very helpful!

Depends what you mean by "work" I suppose. It can work and stay like it is, but there's always the risk of developing feelings for them. The fact that you're jealous of the people he's flirting with suggests that it won't.
I know someone in your position, really likes the guy, doesn't like seeing him with other girls but he has no interest in a relationship and they fall out about it repeatedly.
I've had a friends with benefits girl for nearly a month now and we 'do it' most nights. Personally for me I think it works. I don't have 'feelings' for her but i'm not sure about her situation (hard to work out if girls 'like you')
It never works. Someone always, always catches feels and it goes kaput.
Original post by Profesh
Not if they want to continue claiming Disability Allowance.

Beat me to it!

I always arrive too late on these threads.

Ahem...
Reply 8
You have to definitely know you don't want anything more or you will get jealous.
If you are already feeling this way then I suggest you end it or you will just end up feeling hurt.

It can work very well though, I'm more than happy with just sex and none of the relationship stuff
Had, a relationship, broke up. Did a friends with benefits type thing, but it was even more relationshippy than our actual relationship. I couldn't trust him and he was confusing me so I broke it off. We're still friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending