The Student Room Group

Am I being naive?

Hi guys,
I have been given my offers for maths and computer sci and I'm really in a pickle. I've narrowed it down to Bristol and Loughborough, because I was so impressed with both of them especially the lecturers and courses. However, they do seem a world apart.
One thing that is concerning me, is that Loughborough's entrant grades are so much lower ABB compared to bristol A*AA. Is this a sign of the difference in their educational standards?
Also, as bristol has a more prolific history than Loughborough, will it look better on a CV having a degree from them?

I know it's probably not something to worry about, but I can't help myself! :')

Thanks
Original post by ftball22
Hi guys,
I have been given my offers for maths and computer sci and I'm really in a pickle. I've narrowed it down to Bristol and Loughborough, because I was so impressed with both of them especially the lecturers and courses. However, they do seem a world apart.
One thing that is concerning me, is that Loughborough's entrant grades are so much lower ABB compared to bristol A*AA. Is this a sign of the difference in their educational standards?
Also, as bristol has a more prolific history than Loughborough, will it look better on a CV having a degree from them?

I know it's probably not something to worry about, but I can't help myself! :')

Thanks

You are essentially correct on both counts.
Reply 2
If you really prefer Loughborough I wouldn't say that the difference is prohibitive but given that you seem to really like both it would make more sense to have

Bristol Firm, Loughbbro Insurance

rather than

Loughbro firm , "Uni you're indifferent about" Insurance

Now there's just the small matter of getting the grades.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending