The Student Room Group

Anybody else having a hard time?

I've been fine all year, got AAAA in my January mocks despite being predicted AABB, and have been heading for AAAA all year. But in the last 5 weeks or so I feel I've really lost it. Like, I've been writing fewer essays, I tried writing several (not even particularly difficult) ones to say and just can't manage it, it's like trying to eat too much food. I think I might be a little depressed, but I don't see why that should be the cause of this, because if I am now, the I was at the start of the year too.

How bad do you think this will be for my grades? How can I salvage it? I know all the stuff; I know my English poems by heart, I know arguments for Philosophy, I know all the facts for History, and my other subject is Sociology (hahahahahah), but I just feel like I haven't done enough recently. None of my teachers are worried because it's probably true that I'll get my target grades, but I'm going to be so upset if I don't get what I really want :frown:

I know there's not a thing anybody can do really, but does anybody else feel the same? I've just become lethargic and tired.
Sounds like you need a break, try taking it easy for a few days.
My first exam is Monday :wink:
I feel the same, but I think it's just lethargy above all else - I studied hard all year and then I've really put everything into revision and am just plain tired and bored of the formulaic process I think. After doing an average of 6 hours of revision everyday I think that's just natural. My only advice really (because this is what I'm planning to do) is to revise but not go too crazy over the next few days - I think my exam schedule is the same as yours for Philosophy (Monday Unit 1 and Friday Unit 2.) Do you have any big gaps between exams? Because after my second Philosophy I don't have anything until A2 English Lit - which is three weeks later. So if you have any substantial breaks I'd advise taking an entire day off - chill out, see friends, go to the cinema - whatever you enjoy and recharge your batteries. After Friday's exam I am planning on doing some hardcore relaxing Friday night/maybe Saturday :wink: That'll enable me to face the next three weeks of English lit revision I hope!
Yeah we're the same for Philosophy; that's exactly how I feel. I had a bit of a break down in half term, and I've been doing alright since, but I've done so much better throughout the year than now.

But nah, no substantial breaks really, I've got about 4 days in between Phil 2 and my last two exams, but all 7 of my AS exams are in the next two weeks 😫 Phil 1, French Rev, Families, Phil 2 then English lit, with only the Tuesday off! I am going to d i e

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending