The Student Room Group

HELP! Got offers from Manchester/Newcastle/UCL, can't decide which one to accept..

hey guys, I am a final yr undergrad from a low ranked uni with a mid 2:1 grade, the degee I'm currently studying is Accounting and Financial Management (which I'm not really interested). I have received offers from Manchester (School of Environment, Education and Development) Newcastle Business School and UCL Barttlet. Now Im really struggling about choosing one of these universities. Here is the details of them:

Newcastle: MSc Quantitativ Finance and Risk Management
Manchester: MSc Competition, regulation and Developmet
UCL: MSc Project and Enterprise Management

To be honest I personally think Manchester is the most prestigious univesity (thanks to Manchester United) compare to the other two but clearly UCL has better location and rankings. Besides, UCL only asked me to graduate with at least a lower second class which I am also concerned about. Does it mean this programme is bad?

London is an expensive city and I don't know if the investment is worth making...

Any advice?
cheers
Reply 1
Original post by EmeraldEdge
hey guys, I am a final yr undergrad from a low ranked uni with a mid 2:1 grade, the degee I'm currently studying is Accounting and Financial Management (which I'm not really interested). I have received offers from Manchester (School of Environment, Education and Development) Newcastle Business School and UCL Barttlet. Now Im really struggling about choosing one of these universities. Here is the details of them:

Newcastle: MSc Quantitativ Finance and Risk Management
Manchester: MSc Competition, regulation and Developmet
UCL: MSc Project and Enterprise Management

To be honest I personally think Manchester is the most prestigious univesity (thanks to Manchester United) compare to the other two but clearly UCL has better location and rankings. Besides, UCL only asked me to graduate with at least a lower second class which I am also concerned about. Does it mean this programme is bad?

London is an expensive city and I don't know if the investment is worth making...

Any advice?
cheers

That made my day! Oh my god. Thank you for this. Seriously. Thank you.

On a more serious note, UCL is by far the better university. Maybe you should research more about each individual university as football and academia are very loosely related, if at all :colone:. But, with regards to your initial query, the answer lies in each individual course - which course is related to what you actually want to do and study? Which course complements your interest and strengths? Which course will prepare you for what you want to do later? All these things are far more important than prestige, location and...football. But do keep in mind that you clearly have an interest in business and UCL is highly regarded and targeted by employers, much more so than Manchester and Newcastle.
Original post by EmeraldEdge
UCL only asked me to graduate with at least a lower second class which I am also concerned about. Does it mean this programme is bad?

On the assumption UCL is not offering you funding, it is just saying "We'd be happy to have you provided you meet our minimum requirement".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending