The Student Room Group

So there's this hot girl, but she used to be fat...

Would you be turned off or put off by this?

Curious.

Opinions please.
...thanks
What do you mean by fat? You shouldn't call her fat, even if she was 'bigger' before. Anyone can become slimmer or bigger if they want (or unintentionally), therefore it shouldn't really affect anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
If anything, it suggests a certain degree of commitment and sense of hard work which is a great thing to me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Why would her being fat in the past, turn me off if she is hot now. Where's the logic in that?
No, seeing as she's not exactly fat anymore, I don't really see the issue
This is a success story tbh. She used to be fat, she isn't fat anymore. Run with it.
Reply 6
Ridiculous..
(edited 9 years ago)
Presumably at one point she used to be a baby. So you'd better not go out with her otherwise someone might think you're a paedophile.
There's actually a lot more to it than people think. Absolutely nothing gives you a confidence and self esteem boost like losing weight. I know cos I've been there. So the girl is most probably very confident if she's *recently* lost weight. If she did it many years ago then there's no real difference. Depending on how big a transformation it was, she's either got a really nice personality or she's a total bitch. If she became super hot, she's most likely a bitch. She went from getting mocked to getting loads of attention from guys, she'll be arrogant. People might say I'm generalising, but its psychological. The emotional effects of getting bullied aren't nice. When you suddenly go into a position of high power, you abuse it.
Reply 9
Shows determination and what would it matter if she used to be fat?
I think it would be a mighty pity to look upon someone's self-improvement as a negative trait.
Original post by fajitamunch
There's actually a lot more to it than people think. Absolutely nothing gives you a confidence and self esteem boost like losing weight. I know cos I've been there. So the girl is most probably very confident if she's *recently* lost weight. If she did it many years ago then there's no real difference. Depending on how big a transformation it was, she's either got a really nice personality or she's a total bitch. If she became super hot, she's most likely a bitch. She went from getting mocked to getting loads of attention from guys, she'll be arrogant. People might say I'm generalising, but its psychological. The emotional effects of getting bullied aren't nice. When you suddenly go into a position of high power, you abuse it.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true, depends.

Some people accept their new found ability to be confident and happy with themselves sheepishly, never directing any resentment outwards or growing arrogant - always keeping their 'ugly person' mentality instead, a lack of arrogance and appreciation for everyone simply as a person. (Not that pretty people are necessarily more likely to be arrogant; I think most people mature into a less superficial person with life experience anyway, to an extent).

Edit: I guess that's what you mean by they could have a really nice personality.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by karmacrunch
What do you mean by fat? You shouldn't call her fat, even if she was 'bigger' before. Anyone can become slimmer or bigger if they want (or unintentionally), therefore it shouldn't really affect anything.

Some people are fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
fat or not I would still have kfc with her
er...no, why should I be?

I'd be concerned if she was going to put back on the weight.
I think of I dated someone who used to be overweight my main concern would be if they still felt they had to watch their diet, and if I was a !an, really saggy breasts. Mi d you pert ones are a time limited commodity anyway if you want kids so that might not matter too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending