The Student Room Group

Am i screwed?

I will be applying to university next year but i will also be resiting GCSE maths next year.

I am doing a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in computing and i will be expecting to get D*D*D*. I would like to go onto computer science at Aberystwyth university.

My question is; Do universities care about pending GCSE results? i know a few higher end ones have specified. but most have not.

Cheers for your time
Reply 1
If you're set on a particular university, why not email them? They'll offer the best advice.

Good luck with your BTEC & your resit.
Original post by Anonymous13213
I will be applying to university next year but i will also be resiting GCSE maths next year.

I am doing a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in computing and i will be expecting to get D*D*D*. I would like to go onto computer science at Aberystwyth university.

My question is; Do universities care about pending GCSE results? i know a few higher end ones have specified. but most have not.

Cheers for your time

Aberystwyth require a C in GCSE Maths:

http://courses.aber.ac.uk/undergraduate/computer-science-degree/
Most sensible Unis and most STEM courses will insist on GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above. If that is part of the Admissions REquirements then Yes, they mean it. And Yes, they can reject you if you don't have it already or don't achieve it on retake.
Original post by Anonymous13213

Cheers for your time

its fine, as long as you put in your ucas your retaking maths gcse. They will assume you will get the grade that youve put down ( maths gcse predicted grade)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending