The Student Room Group

Confused? I am!

Right, I got an offer from Kent for 320 tariff points of which two of the A2s have to be AB. I missed the offer by quite a bit and got 280 points and 3 Cs.
On track, it said conditional yesterday morning so I rang Kent and asked what decision they would make, I was told to ring the next day.

So today I rang up and was told I would have to wait another 24 hours for a decision but I was being considered to do a Diploma in Politics and then do a Law degree but that decision would be made tomorrow.

In the meantime, I will be considered for a place at Surrey for another subject which I'm interested in via clearing, although Law is what I want to do. They can not offer me a place unless I reject Kent.

So options I have is reject Kent this min and go to Surrey. Wait till tomorrow and maybe offered a Law degree / Dipl in Politics then a Law degree from Kent, on the other hand they might reject me outright & when I contact Surrey they would have no places.

Anyone got any advice?
Reply 1
Akirah
Right, I got an offer from Kent for 320 tariff points of which two of the A2s have to be AB. I missed the offer by quite a bit and got 280 points and 3 Cs.
On track, it said conditional yesterday morning so I rang Kent and asked what decision they would make, I was told to ring the next day.

So today I rang up and was told I would have to wait another 24 hours for a decision but I was being considered to do a Diploma in Politics and then do a Law degree but that decision would be made tomorrow.

In the meantime, I will be considered for a place at Surrey for another subject which I'm interested in via clearing, although Law is what I want to do. They can not offer me a place unless I reject Kent.

So options I have is reject Kent this min and go to Surrey. Wait till tomorrow and maybe offered a Law degree / Dipl in Politics then a Law degree from Kent, on the other hand they might reject me outright & when I contact Surrey they would have no places.

Anyone got any advice?

Tell Surrey that you're interested in that subject X, and to earmark that place for you until you receive your Clearing Passport. Quite honestly you're gonna have to play some game here... you could even stretch the truth and say that you've told Kent to release you and are waiting for your Clearing number, hence the delay (when in actual fact you're just waiting for Kent to make a decision on your application!).

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending