The Student Room Group

2 years and I still haven't made a move

I like this guy. My friends told him and I just laughed it off. We aren't really friends, he only hangs out with his guys. We always have awks eye contact. The day after skl finished, he decided to add me on fb and find me on insta lol.. Weird. I've had a crush on him for 2 years now, we are both going our separate ways after college.. I just want to at least have a convo with him

I could start talking to him and potentially develop feelings but then we will have to go our separate ways after a few weeks. Or I can get over it, move on and meet new people over the summer.

My question is what do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You seem to like each other, so talk to him; you never know what might happen. Even if you are going your separate ways there's always the chance of staying in touch. If you do nothing you may regret it-you might not have another chance.

Two years is a long time to have a crush on someone. If you ask him out and he says no, then you have your answer and can move on with your life. But if you do not ask, you will never know what he might have said!
Reply 2
just talk to him!
Original post by Qeir
You seem to like each other, so talk to him; you never know what might happen. Even if you are going your separate ways there's always the chance of staying in touch. If you do nothing you may regret it-you might not have another chance.

Two years is a long time to have a crush on someone. If you ask him out and he says no, then you have your answer and can move on with your life. But if you do not ask, you will never know what he might have said!

If this was the case he would have made an effort, no? But then again I feel like he is kind of shy..
Anyway, I think I'm gonna speak to him tomorrow and see how it goes ^_^

Any other opinions guys?
Reply 4
Original post by letsbehonest
If this was the case he would have made an effort, no? But then again I feel like he is kind of shy..

Any other opinions guys?

First talk to him about something unrelated. Something like oh I heard you got into x uni, looking forward to it or Do you know what day we get our results, how you feeling for them

so talk to him about general **** for about 5 minutes , judge his reactions is he laughing asking questions etc. Then try and street the conversation to a film/restaurant/activity. If he is interested in said place say well I havnt been there your pretty hot/fit I would go if you asked me give him your number and then leave.
Original post by James222
First talk to him about something unrelated. Something like oh I heard you got into x uni, looking forward to it or Do you know what day we get our results, how you feeling for them

so talk to him about general **** for about 5 minutes , judge his reactions is he laughing asking questions etc. Then try and street the conversation to a film/restaurant/activity. If he is interested in said place say well I havnt been there your pretty hot/fit I would go if you asked me give him your number and then leave.

Yeah I was just thinking to speak to him after the exam tomorrow and ask how it went. But he is with his annoying immature friends 99.9999% of the time!! So I can't see the convo progressing LOL
Reply 6
Yeah I was just thinking to speak to him after the exam tomorrow and ask how it went. But he is with his annoying immature friends 99.9999% of the time!! So I can't see the convo progressing LOL

you need to make it seem casual the question has to be something to do with the situation you are in. As you are walking past the group of friends,say hi
ask for the time or if they have seen a particular friend of yours
then move onto talking about the exam.

then you need a strategy to isolate him. Ideally the friends should leave themselves if not
say you need a pretext to isolate him tell you need favour in another room, finding someone or something etc
you need to make it seem casual the question has to be something to do with the situation you are in. As you are walking past the group of friends,say hi
ask for the time or if they have seen a particular friend of yours
then move onto talking about the exam.

then you need a strategy to isolate him. Ideally the friends should leave themselves if not
say you need a pretext to isolate him tell you need favour in another room, finding someone or something etc

Looool this just sounds so funny.
Reply 8
Looool this just sounds so funny.

haha I dont the geography of your school but think of something similar. Say if their is a shop near your school say come with me to the shop I dont want to be alone after that terrible exam etc or just start walking and he will follow you if you say wait come with me
haha I dont the geography of your school but think of something similar. Say if their is a shop near your school say come with me to the shop I dont want to be alone after that terrible exam etc or just start walking and he will follow you if you say wait come with me

Lmaooo. I'll give it a try

Thanks for the advice dude
Reply 10

Any other opinions guys?

He might be in the same situation as you and doesn't know if he should talk to you or not. As you said it's been two years and neither person has made a move. Maybe it's because he's not sure if you like him or as you say the shyness that stopped him, but it doesn't matter. Good luck :^_^:
Reply 11
Talk to him! You have nothing to lose, you might as well give it a try.
Reply 12
Original post by Qeir

This is just evil, we clearly see that this guy has no time for her. Please don't sell this girl dreams.
I advise you to move on, there's other nuggas out there.

I hope you & him get together if not I'm here
Reply 14
Original post by Nugga

This is just evil, we clearly see that this guy has no time for her. Please don't sell this girl dreams.
I advise you to move on, there's other nuggas out there.

And why do you think this?
Reply 15
Original post by Qeir
And why do you think this?

Well, as shown here..

Original post by Qeir
he decided to add me on fb and find me on insta lol

Implying he thinks about her, but never has the time to talk to her in person. He's got no time fo' dese hoesss. Clearly..
:naughty:
Reply 16
Original post by Nugga

Well, as shown here..

Implying he thinks about her, but never has the time to talk to her in person. He's got no time fo' dese hoesss. Clearly..

Not necessarily. There are other reasons he might not talk to her in person, not just not having the time.
Original post by Nugga

Well, as shown here..

Loool @ 'hoesss'
Reply 18
lmao, youve known eachother for 2 years, for a start its the mans job to initiate and he hasnt, so hes either 1 on these things:

-couldnt care less about you
-has other girls to chase
-hes pathetic
Original post by Doob
lmao, youve known eachother for 2 years, for a start its the mans job to initiate and he hasnt, so hes either 1 on these things:

-couldnt care less about you
-has other girls to chase
-hes pathetic

why r u being sexist
men and women are EQUAL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending