The Student Room Group

The 'Uni Choices' Thread for 2015 Entry!

We have finished our AS levels, some A2 students are applying for deferred entry. So, seeing how exams went, I believe we must have a pretty accurate idea of what we want to study, and where?
Simply list where and what you want to study and that's it!
I'll start off myself.

Courses
Chemical Engineering - Imperial College
Chemical Engineering - University of Birmingham
Engineering (Chemical) - UCL
Chemical Engineering (via Natural Sciences) - Cambridge University
Chemical Engineering - University of Manchester

IGCSE results
7 A*s, 2 As and 1 B

AS Levels
Maths (CIE) (C1, C2, S1) - A
Chemistry (CIE) - A
Physics (CIE) - A
Applied ICT (CIE) (self-taught) - A
English (CIE) - B

A2
Maths (CIE) (C3, C4, S2) - Predicted A*
Chemistry (CIE) - Predicted A*
Physics (CIE) - Predicted A*
Further Maths (CIE) - Predicted A (self-taught)

*University Connect is also really useful for finding other people applying to the same uni as you or the same courses!*
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Geology
-Oxford
-Imperial
-UCL
-Bath
-Southampton

(Obviously, I don't know for certain if this will be my final choice).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chlorophile
There are already threads for this, definitely for Oxford and Cambridge. You may want to look at them?

Not looking at University specific threads! Just state which 5 you want to go to, not individual forums for each. I am actually in both those forums :P
Original post by IsaacB11
Not looking at University specific threads! Just state which 5 you want to go to, not individual forums for each. I am actually in both those forums :P

Fair enough :P
I'll add my (possible) choices.
Original post by Chlorophile
Fair enough :P
I'll add my (possible) choices.

Oooh! Cool :biggrin:
Economics, Poltics and a International Studies (one year abroad hopefully)

I'm realistically expecting AAB at the end of A2, but God knows what my results will be like regarding the exams this year :erm:

I'm hoping to apply to
- Exeter, almost definitely
- Bath
- Southampton
- maybe Lancaster as a fall back
- not sure about my fifth option :/

Not many uni's do my course :cry2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
We have finished our AS levels, some A2 students are applying for deferred entry. So, seeing how exams went, I believe we must have a pretty accurate idea of what we want to study, and where?
Simply list where and what you want to study and that's it!
I'll start off myself.
Computer Science (might go for Software Engineering but we'll see about that)
at:
Nottingham
Queen Mary's
King's College
UCL
Cambridge/Oxford (still undecided, however, Oxford seems to be more lenient towards applicants without FM, as it's not offered in my school and I'm just self-teaching at As)

Computer Science is a great choice. I'm just about to start my placement year with SAP in Belfast in July. I recently finished my 2nd year at the University of Ulster Jordanstown campus.
USA student here.

Graphic Design
-Goldsmiths
-University Arts London
-Nottingham Trent
-Coventry
-Plymouth
Original post by mos182
Computer Science is a great choice. I'm just about to start my placement year with SAP in Belfast in July. I recently finished my 2nd year at the University of Ulster Jordanstown campus.

Thanks :biggrin: What did you enjoy the most about studying it?
Reply 9
Thanks :biggrin: What did you enjoy the most about studying it?

Well, it's really just opened my eyes because I didn't really know anything about programming at all, last summer I made my own app called Student Budget which has nearly got 3,000 downloads on the Google Play Store :smile:

I'm not sure of your background, perhaps you did programming in secondary school but I did none and once I started my course and started doing some Java, I was like "yeah I could do this for a daily job, doesn't seem too bad".

One of the things I like about computing is that during your career, you can be switching between working with the newest technologies if you wish or if you want, such as wearable devices such as Google glass, Android Wear, etc or you can just stick to mobile apps or desktop applications or whatever :smile:
Computer Science or Mathematics, still can't decide
Bristol
Surrey
Bath
Still need to look at others
I am thinking
Surrey
Kings
Southampton
Bath
Biology or chemistry related degree(still havent decided)
Queen Mary's
KCL
UCL
Southampton
Dont know about the 5th uni choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry with a Year in Industry:
Sheffield
York
Hull
Imperial College
Leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Maths

Imperial
Warwick
Durham
Manchester
Southampton
Original post by mos182
Well, it's really just opened my eyes because I didn't really know anything about programming at all, last summer I made my own app called Student Budget which has nearly got 3,000 downloads on the Google Play Store :smile:

I'm not sure of your background, perhaps you did programming in secondary school but I did none and once I started my course and started doing some Java, I was like "yeah I could do this for a daily job, doesn't seem too bad".

One of the things I like about computing is that during your career, you can be switching between working with the newest technologies if you wish or if you want, such as wearable devices such as Google glass, Android Wear, etc or you can just stick to mobile apps or desktop applications or whatever :smile:

Oooh cool! So the good thing is it's varied and for everyone. I like that :biggrin:
Neuroscience

UCL
King's
Nottingham
Queen Mary's (they're offering the degree for 2015 so yes its available)
Not sure on the fifth option
Adult nursing

UEA
Bournemouth
Anglia Ruskin
Bangor
Edge hill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neuroscience with a bit of learning Russian on the side :tongue: (hopefully!)

UCL
KCL
Manchester
Edinburgh
Bristol

Depending on my AS grades, I'll either apply for 2015 or 2016 entry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Maths and statistics

oxford
imperial
warwick
durham/briston
st andrews/edinburgh.

ah sooo nervous

Latest