The Student Room Group

Advice for a Weakling? :c

I'm 17, male, 5'4'', slightly below 8 stone, no muscle and very thin bone structure but I'm not exactly skinny. I walk about 6miles a day, but that's the only 'exercise' I do. My diet is quite inconsistent.

I need some advice on just generally getting a healthier body shape, really. Gym is out of the option, and I don't have the willpower to control my diet immaculately. My excuse for being so unfit is always that I don't know exactly how to be healthy, so I'm trying to tackle this by building some knowledge of it personal to me. I don't expect (nor particularly want) to get proper built like, but I do want to stop being so gangly and deformed looking.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thankyou :3
Reply 1
Eat more to start with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eat more food and do a 5x5 programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by qr95
Eat more to start with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by toonervoustotalk

Posted from TSR Mobile

is there anything in particular I need to eat or avoid eating?
and also with regards to my shortness, what sort of build should I realistically aim for? (though as I said I don't want anything too demanding)
You need some sort of gym if you want to gain muscle bulk. Is cost the problem?
Reply 5
Original post by MancStudent098
You need some sort of gym if you want to gain muscle bulk. Is cost the problem?

well yeah as well, but mostly just extreme shyness and nervousness. I feel uncomfortable leaving the house, sixth form is a stretch and I can go out with family to certain places, but I literally can't cope with anything more than that.
Cheap way, get some really basic gym equipment for home

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol no...
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
lol no...

Why? He said he is weak so if he does stronglifts he will put 2.5kg on the bar each time and get strength

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm a girl and I'm the same age as you and literally just an inch shorter and a couple of pounds lighter. Let this be your motivation to gain weight properly!!!!!!!
6 miles a day of walking? I've done on average 200m (If that) a day these past couple weeks In my holidays. I've been seriously unmotivated to do anything.

If you can't go to the gym, what about exercises at home without equipment with push ups, crunches, etc.?
Why? He said he is weak so if he does stronglifts he will put 2.5kg on the bar each time and get strength

Posted from TSR Mobile

needs a bro spilt for the hoes
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
needs a bro spilt for the hoes

yeah... don't listen to this guy
Reply 13
Try doing bodyweight exercises at home if your self conscious about leaving the house. Crossfit styled workouts may be a good option as they are pretty intense and will help your conditioning a lot. But realistically if you want to get strong you have to get out the house and go to a gym mate, choose a good programme (wendler may be a good place to start), be consistent and have fun doing it. Another option for you is to maybe find someone else who is in a similar position as you, someone who just wants to start going to the gym but don't know what to do and is too nervous to go alone. This way you can help each other with confidence issues and motivate each other to stick to it. Hope this helped a bit
Reply 14
Original post by Petulia
I'm a girl and I'm the same age as you and literally just an inch shorter and a couple of pounds lighter. Let this be your motivation to gain weight properly!!!!!!!

I don't know what you're saying.
Original post by Red Gosling
I don't know what you're saying.

I'm saying that you're an unhealthy size. As a boy, you should weigh more than just 8 stone, even if you're only 5'4.
Reply 16
Original post by Petulia
I'm saying that you're an unhealthy size. As a boy, you should weigh more than just 8 stone, even if you're only 5'4.

Have I not already acknowledged that?
Get in touch with John Phung. He'll set you right.
Reply 18
Original post by Red Gosling
I'm 17, male, 5'4'', slightly below 8 stone, no muscle and very thin bone structure but I'm not exactly skinny. I walk about 6miles a day, but that's the only 'exercise' I do. My diet is quite inconsistent.

I need some advice on just generally getting a healthier body shape, really. Gym is out of the option, and I don't have the willpower to control my diet immaculately. My excuse for being so unfit is always that I don't know exactly how to be healthy, so I'm trying to tackle this by building some knowledge of it personal to me. I don't expect (nor particularly want) to get proper built like, but I do want to stop being so gangly and deformed looking.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thankyou :3

You're probably malnourished m9, looks like you're asking your body to do more than its able to do. Get on the bus instead of walking, eat more and go to the gym.

Quick Reply

Latest