The Student Room Group

Isn't it rude to rate people?

I see people saying "He's 4/10" or things like that. Isn't it rude to rate people? It's rude to insult other people...
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it is yes, the same goes for people who treat girls as a competition. Like seeing how many girls they can sleep with.
I personally think it's degrading, and incredibly egotistic for the 'rater'.

People shouldn't listen to rates, and definitely not to the people who are rating.
Yes I think it's really rude. No one should rate anyone nor should anyone ask to be rated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Heh, perhaps a little.

It's so subjective though that it's difficult to put any real weight behind, so I honestly couldn't care less.
i like a bit of feedback, helps me improve my weaknesses
I don't mind being rated so long as the judgement is based on all of me (i.e. my personality as well as just my looks).
People can do what they like.

It doesn't mean that it's right but if you want to rate someone go ahead.

Just remember they're humans with feelings. And it can be upsetting to be viewed like cattle.
christ this site is full of virgins.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I see people saying "He's 4/10" or things like that. Isn't it rude to rate people? It's rude to insult other people...

Yeah, I think it's rude if it's something that's discussed. And it seems pointless - it's subjective, no one's going to agree, everyone finds different people attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile
How else can warm-blooded males communicate to each other someone's level of attractiveness?
Original post by blue n white army
christ this site is full of virgins.

What's wrong with being a virgin?
Reply 12
Original post by MylittlePlusle

To be fair guys do it to girls just as much. I wouldn't care if people are secretly rating me

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP a 2/10 :colonhash:
Not rude at all. Most men like women,most women like men.
If I see a woman,I will rate her in my mind accordingly.If i feel like the time and the place is right and shes good looking enough for me to talk to i will then try and pursue her like a lion pursues its prey
(edited 9 years ago)
I am not a number :colonhash:

Original post by Metropolis
i like a bit of feedback, helps me improve my weaknesses

being given a number tells you nothing
Reply 16
Most people will, it's just the way of the world. Whether it's a person's looks, ability, or whatever else. It's going to happen.

It can be seen as rude, but so long as people keep it to themselves, unless it is warranted or asked for, then it should not matter. Also, so long as you don't judge their entire person based on one attribute.
(edited 9 years ago)
I suppose it's only rude if you say it to their face or so they can hear. I think when people do it, it just highlights their simplicity as a person, numbers aren't very descriptive of a person's good qualities. Although, I suppose really they're just joking around, no big deal.

Just raise an eyebrow and shake your head in disapproval.
Original post by + polarity -
I am not a number :colonhash:

being given a number tells you nothing

yup, it tells me that this x/10 person thinks i am y/10

you can start to make correlations
We should all just walk around with ratings attached to our heads

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending