The Student Room Group

I'm not happy with my body.

I've always been quite a confident person. Sometimes I would be slightly down about my body after seeing a celeb I admired or something like that. On and off, I used to feel quite disgusted by my body. And now it seems like I always am. I just feel fat. I see threads or things online about how other people are the same height, age etc yet they weigh less than me. I also completely hate how big my stomach is.

I'm always on and off. One minute, I will be like " I don't care, I love pizza too much" and next minute I will be like "I want to be super healthy. Eat this, replace this..". When I eat healthily, it usually goes well for 2-3 days, then I seem to stop caring.

I'm not overweight, but I feel like I could do with losing a few pounds. I guess the media is influencing me, and I feel like maybe people will find me attractive if I do so (I know it's ridiculous). My main ******* is carbs, I eat too many crisps, bread etc. I also don't eat properly. I might not be in the mood for a nice breakfast, so I won't eat for hours, then I'll eat a whole bar of chocolate (I mean the dairy milk size ones) and packets after packets of crisps. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've always been quite a confident person. Sometimes I would be slightly down about my body after seeing a celeb I admired or something like that. On and off, I used to feel quite disgusted by my body. And now it seems like I always am. I just feel fat. I see threads or things online about how other people are the same height, age etc yet they weigh less than me. I also completely hate how big my stomach is.

I'm always on and off. One minute, I will be like " I don't care, I love pizza too much" and next minute I will be like "I want to be super healthy. Eat this, replace this..". When I eat healthily, it usually goes well for 2-3 days, then I seem to stop caring.

I'm not overweight, but I feel like I could do with losing a few pounds. I guess the media is influencing me, and I feel like maybe people will find me attractive if I do so (I know it's ridiculous). My main ******* is carbs, I eat too many crisps, bread etc. I also don't eat properly. I might not be in the mood for a nice breakfast, so I won't eat for hours, then I'll eat a whole bar of chocolate (I mean the dairy milk size ones) and packets after packets of crisps. Any advice?

In my experience it's always the beautiful, skinny ones that act like this. Post pics and prove otherwise, I dare you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Andy98
In my experience it's always the beautiful, skinny ones that act like this. Post pics and prove otherwise, I dare you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me, I'm not. I'm not even being irrational. I know I'm not 'overweight' but I just feel disgusting. In clothes, I look like I have a nice figure. But underneath them, I feel horrible.
Reply 3
Trust me, I'm not. I'm not even being irrational. I know I'm not 'overweight' but I just feel disgusting. In clothes, I look like I have a nice figure. But underneath them, I feel horrible.

How tall are you, how heavy are you?

I'm not good with clothes sizes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Andy98
How tall are you, how heavy are you?

I'm not good with clothes sizes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really want to disclose it, because I know how it feels to compare yourself like "oh I'm her height, I should be that weight too."
Reply 5
I'm also worried that if I lose weight my clothes won't fit.:frown:
Reply 6
I don't really want to disclose it, because I know how it feels to compare yourself like "oh I'm her height, I should be that weight too."

That's not how it works. If you look good and are healthy that's all that matters, I'm 3 stone heavier than most people my height (not the really fat ones but you get my point), I'm healthy and that's all I care - have some self confidence.

You don't need to starve yourself to look good - in fact if you starve yourself you will look bad, if you look natural then you look good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you be thinking like this because perhaps by chance, you're comparing yourself to how a celebrity looks?
Because I used to do the same, but you know, they have personal trainers, special diets, professional make up artists etc.
With healthy eating, you need to be consistent, it's not something you can completely change in a matter of a few days or a week, you need to keep going for months and months, until it becomes part of your lifestyle.

Just because they weigh less, doesn't mean you're fat or any less unattractive.
Reply 8
Thank you both

Quick Reply

Latest