The Student Room Group

Slept with a guy who has a girlfriend.. what do I do now?

Scroll to see replies

Telling his gf would just make a big mess for you and make your situation look even worse. I wouldn't say anything.
You're not the one with a gf/bf, not saying that excuses anyone from the situation but, you're not friends with her so its not really your problem for right now.
Just let him deal with the **** storm if she ever finds out.
Reply 21
Not your problem. You're single and did nothing wrong.
Original post by samba
Not your problem. You're single and did nothing wrong.

So according to you it's never even partly the fault of the single person?
'Obviously' he used your drunkeness to shag you. My prediction would be that he's optimistic he can do it again, and whether or not you want him to is up to you (but if it were me, I'd be after his balls...)

If you were in her position, would you want to know?

Can you plausibly deny that you knew he had a partner before this happened?
Original post by HayleyChuu
Telling his gf would just make a big mess for you and make your situation look even worse. I wouldn't say anything.
You're not the one with a gf/bf, not saying that excuses anyone from the situation but, you're not friends with her so its not really your problem for right now.
Just let him deal with the **** storm if she ever finds out.

Original post by Zarek
In my book he is the one who is the morality free zone. Since you are single and don't know his gf I don't believe much can be laid at your door. It's what you do next that really matters.

Cheers everyone... I think I'm just going to keep quiet/act like it never happened. It'd be nice to go all girl power and tell his gf but I don't want to cause any more trouble, like Hayley said it'd just make a huge mess for me and I think people would probably judge me for stirring things up further/deliberately causing trouble. He's gone down in my estimations anyway.. I thought he was such a nice guy, but he can't be that great really!
Original post by Stevo F
So according to you it's never even partly the fault of the single person?

Why would it be? Even if someone is throwing themselves at you, 'no' is a two letter word.
Tell her girlfriend, but only on her birthday so she'll be in a good mood anyway
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
Cheers everyone... I think I'm just going to keep quiet/act like it never happened. It'd be nice to go all girl power and tell his gf but I don't want to cause any more trouble, like Hayley said it'd just make a huge mess for me and I think people would probably judge me for stirring things up further/deliberately causing trouble. He's gone down in my estimations anyway.. I thought he was such a nice guy, but he can't be that great really!

Totally agree. Telling his gf would be a terrible thing to do, even leaving aside the fact that she would not view you with a lot of affection.
Original post by unprinted
'Obviously' he used your drunkeness to shag you. My prediction would be that he's optimistic he can do it again, and whether or not you want him to is up to you (but if it were me, I'd be after his balls...)

If you were in her position, would you want to know?

Can you plausibly deny that you knew he had a partner before this happened?

Sadly I think this is the case. I do just find it a bit odd that I was THAT drunk and he'd still do it... I mean, I may not have been saying no, I might have been encouraging it (I really can't remember but I don't think I was from what I remember) but if I were a guy I don't think I'd be able to do it when someone had obviously had too much to drink. Even if they were willing it just wouldn't feel right.

Of course. I've been cheated on before, it felt horrific. But I don't think I could do that to someone and it's not my place to!

Unfortunately not, he's mentioned her before a couple of times, and she's been into work. (I've never met her but I've seen her there a couple of times)
Tell him to tell her I guess. If you don't know her, stay away from her.

They live together? That makes you a homewrecker. I'd be careful about revealing where you live, your house may get firebombed.
Have fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd tell his girlfriend. He's obviously no good for her.
Tell her please!
Their relationship is serious. What if she gets pregnant and then finds out or he decides to tell her. The baby will most likely be father less as she'll leave him. Tell her now before this happens. He is a disgusting man and she really deserves to know before she wastes more of her life with him
Takes two to tango. The OP is just as disgusting as the boyfriend.
Reply 34
Original post by Tom_Ford
Takes two to tango. The OP is just as disgusting as the boyfriend.

Thats a stupid reason.

Anywho OP same situation as you recently. Been seeing a guy I used to be clse friends with a few years ago and was seeing him for a few months, met up regularly for sex and slept at his mums whilst she was away and we slept together, I'm good friends with his friends and they told me he's had a long distance girlfriend for 2 years. I forgave him and we're still friends but not as close. Asked why he'd slept with me and said he hadn't got a girlfriend when I asked and he said because of the distance he only sees her every 2 months. I was absoloutely disgusted that I'd slept with someones boyfriend, but when it comes down to it I don't know her, its not my relationship and its his mess. It may play on his conscience, it may not but I've moved on from the feelings we had and him lying.
Force amnesia. Wipe your memory.

If you're feeling guilty because of his gf, its him who should be feeling guilty not you. He is the one in a 'committed' relationship, not you so you have no responsibility. It does suck though as you chased after a guy who you knew was taken. Just forget it and move on. I wouldn't talk to him again if I were you. Take it as a lesson learned?
Thank god you weren't the one in a relationship or we could be witnessing a young man's life being ruined.
Original post by SophiaLDN
Force amnesia. Wipe your memory.

If you're feeling guilty because of his gf, its him who should be feeling guilty not you. He is the one in a 'committed' relationship, not you so you have no responsibility. It does suck though as you chased after a guy who you knew was taken. Just forget it and move on. I wouldn't talk to him again if I were you. Take it as a lesson learned?

She knew he was in a relationship. She slept with him knowing this. She has no responsibility to tell the gf. But she should feel the guilt, because she did something wrong.

Imagine if this was a guy who slept with a girl with a boyfriend, the outrage would be evident on this thread. Double standards here are unbelievable. The OP is not some vulnerable child who's drink got spiked. She is an adult who made adult decisions. She made the wrong decisions, therefore she should feel the guilt, learn from it, and not do it again. Accept some responsibility for your actions ffs.

Edit: you're Muslim? Oh my. I sure hope your peers do not hear your views on this. What a damn shame.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't quite get those saying the OP isn't to blame. As soon as someone says they are in a serious relationship, then they are out of bounds to me. Am I the only person with morals these days? If someone is in a relationship, then it doesn't matter if they come onto you, you say no.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I was drunk so I ran over an old lady. I was drunk so I stole a loaf of bread from the store. I was drunk so I decided to punch an annoying child in the face. But it's all ok, because I was drunk. I didn't mean to... it was the drink.

LOL, so true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending