The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ridwan12
It is the same.

I laughed because you're a hypocrite.

It is actually not quite rare.........

Young girls who go for older men are usually gold digger too. Whilst guys are usually not.:biggrin:

Now you're just generalizing about younger woman with older man? All older men are rich? Stop the nonsense. And no need to keep calling me a hypocrite, that is neither here nor there since I already stated it is a double standard. And it's not the same because man and woman are not the same. There are different factors that you're clearly not intelligent enough to discuss.
Original post by ApeMob
You seem to think you're men's torch holder. You obviously AREN'T but there ARE men who are attracted to overweight older women and women who look like they've been smoking since the 50's. I've seen it! I said to someone else in this thread that what sparked the OP is a show I was watching where a man needed an intervention because he was like in his 20's, pretty cute, and with an older woman who couldn't reproduce and was falling apart in her 50's. I was soo confused how could that happen.

Once again that is probably an exception and probably due to the fact he couldn't find someone his own age. Where do you think word's such as milf and cougar come from.

Reread my post:

Did you go out with fat balding men or a in shape "silver fox"? obviously the in-shape "silver fox". So why do you think young guys would go for out of shape divorcee's instead of a milf.

I see some women going for out of shape men.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ApeMob
Now you're just generalizing about younger woman with older man? All older men are rich? Stop the nonsense. And no need to keep calling me a hypocrite, that is neither here nor there since I already stated it is a double standard. And it's not the same because man and woman are not the same. There are different factors that you're clearly not intelligent enough to discuss.

And you're clearly intelligent........

Once again:

Did you go out with fat balding men or a in shape "silver fox"? obviously the in-shape "silver fox". So why do you think young guys would go for out of shape divorcee's instead of a milf.
Reply 63
Original post by ridwan12
Once again that is probably an exception and probably due to the fact he couldn't find someone his own age.

Reread my post:

I see some women going for out of shape men.

One, you're generalizing. You didn't even see the show I'm sure because if you did you'd know his family was angry in the 1st place because he COULD get young women, they were all over him. You're just small minded and a little angry person aren't you. Like...no need to post in under 1 minute the same thing in diff posts, I'll see it you don't have to post it twice in bold an ****. There's no need to get worked up?

And no you're generalizing with who I date now?! :nah: Like how old are you, 13 and just learning how to type. Done here. Block time. And think about spamming my thread with your hormonal spewing and I'll just have you reported so it can be removed :h:
Reply 64
Original post by ApeMob
Does this confuse or repulse or humor anyone else? :smile:

But I do admittedly have a double standard, as I am a woman in her 20's who just loves men in their 30's and 40's. When I was 15 my first was 24 :s-smilie: But what young, and then attractive girl just budding into life and her womanhood and personally wanting the best for herself, wouldn't be interested in a strapping distinguished man finally ready to settle down after an earlier adulthood of settling ambitions?

As opposed to a young man in the same position as the young woman, who is attracted (or something) to a cougar who looks like his mom, probably? She could be a hot cougar but I feel as a woman she might have gone wrong somewhere and still feels the need to satisfy some... unresolved childhood fascination to date a younger man by 10, 20 yrs. like a 40, 50 something with a 20, 30 something. It's kind of sad, actually. Does she feed him too, I don't know lol

But what do you think? Is one worse, is it the same, do you agree or disagree with it? :smile:

I prefer to date younger women, I think it is very unusual for men to prefer older women.
ENOUGH!!!
STOP EVERYONE,
It's the age, not the attractiveness is question. Some people are just attracted to older people without them being attractive.
There's no doubt that you'll be attracted to an attractive person ~ old or not. It's not rocket science. The OP wants to discuss those freak cases in which a male person is attracted to an older female person because of the fact that she's old, irrespective of attractiveness of the said person.
Original post by Oneness_Charmer
No I'm not, they're opposite. When I say condone, I mean 'not forgive', just overlook. Kinda "neither condemn nor condone"

Yeah, I get what you mean. Thanks for clarifying! From a psychological standpoint, I do agree with everything you described. What I meant to say is regardless of that, I don't think we'd every come to a point where such relationships become so widespread that it leads to whole societal dysfunction. People are very unlikely to get into such relationships by nature right? :smile:
Original post by ApeMob
One, you're generalizing. You didn't even see the show I'm sure because if you did you'd know his family was angry in the 1st place because he COULD get young women, they were all over him. You're just small minded and a little angry person aren't you. Like...no need to post in under 1 minute the same thing in diff posts, I'll see it you don't have to post it twice in bold an ****. There's no need to get worked up?

And no you're generalizing with who I date now?! :nah: Like how old are you, 13 and just learning how to type. Done here. Block time. And think about spamming my thread with your hormonal spewing and I'll just have you reported so it can be removed :h:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ApeMob

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

1) I'm not angry you are that's why you want to block me
2) I posted it twice not spamming
3) I'm 18 and can clearly type

You won't awnser my question because im right.

Did you go out with unattractive older men?

Simple question that you can't answer.
Reply 69
ENOUGH!!!
STOP EVERYONE,
It's the age, not the attractiveness is question. Some people are just attracted to older people without them being attractive.
There's no doubt that you'll be attracted to an attractive person ~ old or not. It's not rocket science. The OP wants to discuss those freak cases in which a male person is attracted to an older female person because of the fact that she's old, irrespective of attractiveness of the said person.

:yep:
Original post by Pasta6163
Yeah, I get what you mean. Thanks for clarifying! From a psychological standpoint, I do agree with everything you described. What I meant to say is regardless of that, I don't think we'd every come to a point where such relationships become so widespread that it leads to whole societal dysfunction. People are very unlikely to get into such relationships by nature right? :smile:

Pasta, you're absolutely right.
People by nature are not likely to be involved in such relationships, we just aren't wired that way. So, if someone does that it's really an indication of unhealthiness. Prohibiting such things will only make it worse (remember that people like to eat forbidden fruits), we make a big deal out it and in no time teens will start dating older women just "for fun" and to act rebellious.
We let it be and it'll disappear in no time.
No bud,
Condone means to criticize. You should've googled it!
So coming back to my point:

condoning = society becomes dysfunctional
not condoning and letting it be = society functions healthily as it has up until now

It's simple sociology.

OT, but TBF to Pasta, your use of condone/condoning is very confusing. Condoning and "letting it be" are absolutely not mutually exclusive.
Pasta, you're absolutely right.
People by nature are not likely to be involved in such relationships, we just aren't wired that way. So, if someone does that it's really an indication of unhealthiness. Prohibiting such things will only make it worse (remember that people like to eat forbidden fruits), we make a big deal out it and in no time teens will start dating older women just "for fun" and to act rebellious.
We let it be and it'll disappear in no time.

I agree with you completely then. Sorry about the misunderstanding haha and yes

Original post by just a dad
OT, but TBF to Pasta, your use of condone/condoning is very confusing. Condoning and "letting it be" are absolutely not mutually exclusive.

Thanks, I really didn't understand what Oneness was talking about at first!
Yes, I spotted it! Must've typed in a hurry! Sorry for the confusion, just to be clear again.
condone = overlook something
condemn = critize something
Original post by Pasta6163

Thanks, I really didn't understand what Oneness was talking about at first!

No worries. Sometimes very valid or interesting points are lost due to verb etc. confusion.
Yes, I spotted it! Must've typed in a hurry! Sorry for the confusion, just to be clear again.
condone = overlook something
condemn = critize something

We got there :biggrin:
Reply 76
I've only read a few posts but...

Only dating men who are older (and vice versa) than you as a rule is about as superficial as going out with someone just because they're good looking and it's also quite dysfunctional. Ageism isn't just for the old!

1. Age is only a number. I've worked with older people who act like children well into their 30s and 40s and I know younger people who would shock most people with how mature they are. You're effectively cutting your chances of meeting the right person in half or more by generalizing.

2. Some psychologists say that women who only go for older men are subconsciously struggling with "Daddy issues". Though... it's transparent and obvious to most people. I'd find it embarrassing if everyone around me was laughing because of the whole Oedipus complex thing.

3. I think a lot of girls go for older men because it fits the social paradigm of what is cool? Relationships should not be something you enter into because it will make you cool. People who prioritize like that are going to live very sad lives.

Admittedly... the majority of the women I date are older than me. Point is... I'm not doing it on purpose!
(edited 9 years ago)
ENOUGH!!!
STOP EVERYONE,

Well OP is a hypocrite because you also get young beutiful women with ugly older men e.g.
Original post by ApeMob
Does this confuse or repulse or humor anyone else? :smile:

But I do admittedly have a double standard, as I am a woman in her 20's who just loves men in their 30's and 40's. When I was 15 my first was 24 :s-smilie: But what young, and then attractive girl just budding into life and her womanhood and personally wanting the best for herself, wouldn't be interested in a strapping distinguished man finally ready to settle down after an earlier adulthood of settling ambitions?

As opposed to a young man in the same position as the young woman, who is attracted (or something) to a cougar who looks like his mom, probably? She could be a hot cougar but I feel as a woman she might have gone wrong somewhere and still feels the need to satisfy some... unresolved childhood fascination to date a younger man by 10, 20 yrs. like a 40, 50 something with a 20, 30 something. It's kind of sad, actually. Does she feed him too, I don't know lol

But what do you think? Is one worse, is it the same, do you agree or disagree with it? :smile:

I'm not sure really, my sister in law is dating my fiances brother and she's 34 and he's 24 shes an established career woman on 60+k while he doesnt have a job & walks the dog, he's really submissive though she calls the shots and is a very domineering lady, she probably found it easier to control a younger man than an older one lol He desperately wants kids but she wants to wait 4 years until she's finished her studies she will be 38! I don't know how hard it is conceive by then but she hasnt had her fertility checked she bought him a dog to shut him up for a while.
But we aren't discussing young gals + older guys.
Both cases are different, gals are attracted to older guys for reasons (whatever they may be)
guys are attracted to older gals for reasons that are different from the reasons above^ So we can't put them together into one group.

Latest

Trending

Trending