The Student Room Group

How much maintenance loan would i get?

Hi, im a little confused. I am moving to london to go to university, and i have read that the average maintenance loan would be around £7.500. Is that how much i would get each year? or each term? Stupid question i know, but im confused! How much would i get a year?
Reply 1
That's total for the year. Use the calculator on the student finance website which will give the exact amount as it depends on your parents income.
Original post by lamyers1
That's total for the year. Use the calculator on the student finance website which will give the exact amount as it depends on your parents income.

How would a student afford to live in london? Most student accommodation is like £200 a week, which would be about £10000 a year, minus food, travel, etc?
Reply 3
Original post by mrjessiepinkman
How would a student afford to live in london? Most student accommodation is like £200 a week, which would be about £10000 a year, minus food, travel, etc?

Cost depends on the uni, none ive seen are that expensive! Kings was around £6000 and ive seen others between £4500-5000.
I don't know about other living costs as im not in London, but my loan is £500 short of my accommodation cost so i work in holidays and my parents help me out too.
Reply 4
Original post by mrjessiepinkman

Student accommodation is usually much cheaper than £200 per week - that would be at the top end of UCL's prices, as an example. You choose the rent you can afford and the majority won't be able to afford £200 per week.

Plus you don't pay rent for a full calendar year, but the academic year which is shorter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending