The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan - minimum amount

I’ve applied for the maintenance loan but only got the minimum as they asked for more evidence, I’m hoping that once it’s been assessed I’ll get more. I currently work part time and earn under 1k a year so I’m hoping I get more than minimum? Any idea how much I would be getting
Reply 1
Original post by Bibis13x
I’ve applied for the maintenance loan but only got the minimum as they asked for more evidence, I’m hoping that once it’s been assessed I’ll get more. I currently work part time and earn under 1k a year so I’m hoping I get more than minimum? Any idea how much I would be getting

15k*
15k*

Hi there,
What evidence was it you had to send? How old are you? Thanks, Ross
Reply 3
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
What evidence was it you had to send? How old are you? Thanks, Ross

My income of the past 3 years since I have provided for myself for the past 3 years, does this make me an independent student & will my maintenance loan be based on that?
My income of the past 3 years since I have provided for myself for the past 3 years, does this make me an independent student & will my maintenance loan be based on that?

Hi there,

If the evidence is accepted and sufficient enough then yes, you would be accepted as an independent student and the Maintenance Loan would fully update. Thanks, Ross
Reply 5
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

If the evidence is accepted and sufficient enough then yes, you would be accepted as an independent student and the Maintenance Loan would fully update. Thanks, Ross

I am 21 years old, will I be eligible for the maximum amount do you know ? I’m just stressed cos I had to cut my hours done for uni
Hi Bibis13x,

Yes, if your Independent status based on self support evidence is accepted then you will be awarded the maximum maintenance loan.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 7
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Bibis13x,

Yes, if your Independent status based on self support evidence is accepted then you will be awarded the maximum maintenance loan.

Thanks,
Calum

Hi, so I have got an email that says my independent status has been changed & I am now classed as an independent student but it says nothing about the maintenance amount being increased? Should I be worried or will it update again in a couple of days?
Hi, so I have got an email that says my independent status has been changed & I am now classed as an independent student but it says nothing about the maintenance amount being increased? Should I be worried or will it update again in a couple of days?

Hi there, A new Notification of Entitlement letter will generate overnight, you will be able to view this via your online account from tomorrow. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending