The Student Room Group

GF is mad at me because of this? She wants space?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Made in Tyrone
She hasn't even booked the exams yet .. They probably won't happen for a whole year yet - well till next June or July.

I've been thinking for 4 hours now that she's going to text me to call and she'll end it on the spot :frown:

Have you talked in depth about what it'll be like when she's away, feasibly how often you'll see each other and organising skype time?

I was in an LDR for a year between France and the UK (we've been together 5 years, we're in our mid-twenties) and the most important thing is to keep communicating, making time to chat and send each other emails, try and save money to visit each other too.

She may be finding it hard the idea of moving away and feel very conflicted in herself. Give her some time to think, though of course she needs to talk to you frankly, eventually. If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, contact her and say you guys need to have a proper chat.
Original post by Eugenie Grandet
Have you talked in depth about what it'll be like when she's away, feasibly how often you'll see each other and organising skype time?

I was in an LDR for a year between France and the UK (we've been together 5 years, we're in our mid-twenties) and the most important thing is to keep communicating, making time to chat and send each other emails, try and save money to visit each other too.

She may be finding it hard the idea of moving away and feel very conflicted in herself. Give her some time to think, though of course she needs to talk to you frankly, eventually. If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, contact her and say you guys need to have a proper chat.

Well she has mentioned that we would see each other every holiday and that I could fly over to see her once in a while.
Original post by Anonymous
From experience- it sounds like she wants you to miss her more than 'a bit', tell her how supportive you are but also how distraught you are she's leaving and how you'll cherish the time you do spend together. Surprise her, we always love that :smile:

Well she wants 'space' now .. So I don't think contacting her now is a very good idea. I'll have to show her more I guess, but then I'll end up being too clingy and she'll ask for more space.
Well she has mentioned that we would see each other every holiday and that I could fly over to see her once in a while.

Well that's good :smile: Don't worry, LDRs can work, as long as both of you are honest with each other about what you want and keep communicating and being a part of each other's lives. Of course, sometimes they break up, but often they would have done anyway sooner or later if that's the way they were going.
Well she wants 'space' now .. So I don't think contacting her now is a very good idea. I'll have to show her more I guess, but then I'll end up being too clingy and she'll ask for more space.

Fair enough to give her space, but you also have a right to know where you're at too. The ball shouldn't be only in her court- there's two of you.
Fair enough to give her space, but you also have a right to know where you're at too. The ball shouldn't be only in her court- there's two of you.

Well obviously if she takes ridiculously long to answer I'm going to ask her where we're at ... But I'd assume after 3 days it would be over.
Well obviously if she takes ridiculously long to answer I'm going to ask her where we're at ... But I'd assume after 3 days it would be over.

Fair enough. How long have you guys been seeing each other? Do you consider it a serious relationship ?
You really think she'd be more concerned about get 'French talent' than her studies ... Puhahahaha

Well, I don't know her as well as you do so, no, I don't know for certain. However there's nothing stopping somebody from both studying and dating simultaneously, it's not like they're mutually exclusive. I'm just trying to do you a favour, mate, and give you some advice. Do you think a long distance realtionship is realistically going to work? Do you think she's not going to be tempted by some french stud? If she's dead set on going to france without you for two whole years you need to consider the possibility that this could well be the end of your relationship.
However if you truly think your relationship is solid enough to handle such a long distance then good luck to yer.
Fair enough. How long have you guys been seeing each other? Do you consider it a serious relationship ?

It's coming up to 5 months now, short? Sure, but it's definitely serious.
Mate I totally get this situation. My ex was like this. And i was responding like you. Just leave it. It's best for you. They like to play games with you and mate you don't deserve that kind of treatment.

And trust me when she goes over to France you don't even know what's going to happen. Yes LDRs may work but I think you need to have the break up chat with her. Any more help pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stickman
Mate I totally get this situation. My ex was like this. And i was responding like you. Just leave it. It's best for you. They like to play games with you and mate you don't deserve that kind of treatment.

And trust me when she goes over to France you don't even know what's going to happen. Yes LDRs may work but I think you need to have the break up chat with her. Any more help pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really think I should just end it?
It's coming up to 5 months now, short? Sure, but it's definitely serious.

Well, as long as it's what you both want, then I don't see why you shouldn't give it a go. You have to be upfront and honest about stuff, even if it's not pretty. PM if you need any advice, I've done it for a year and many of my friends have too. :smile:
Hey, the reaction produced from this truthful event seems quite inappropriate. Well... In your girlfriend's respective perspective. In my viewpoint, I would suggest that your girlfriend had crossed the line of being an inconsiderate b****! No offence... In addition, it seems that your girlfriend was being 'emotionally manipulative'. This implies that your girlfriend had wanted to force you to being emotionally & romantically in love with her. To increase compassion between you two for a better relationship. Well, that's what I think from my opinion.
It doesn't look like you've done anything wrong at all. Maybe she's upset about something else to do with moving to France and your comment somehow triggered that response from her? I'm inclined to agree with the person who said she may feel bad about leaving you behind and moving to France, but obviously nobody can be sure.

I don't think you should worry about her breaking up with you just yet, especially since she said she really, really loved you. Let her have a couple of days to cool off and then ask her what's actually upsetting her.
You really think I should just end it?

Yeah mate, I was LDR for two years. You just don't feel like ending it because it's the worst thing that can happen atm. For me, obviously after breaking up, I was up for having another go after, but realised that she was going out with the guy she had feelings for (during relationship with me), a lot more often, and that just filled me with deep hate.

Yeah, your gf may not have done anything like that to an extent that you feel there's a reason to break up, but sometimes you have to look at the future. You're what, at uni right? Dw man you'll find a lot more girls. I had the chance to do the same a lot earlier than two years into our LDR, and I didn't so it hurt more when I came round to it.
Original post by I love shopping
It doesn't look like you've done anything wrong at all. Maybe she's upset about something else to do with moving to France and your comment somehow triggered that response from her? I'm inclined to agree with the person who said she may feel bad about leaving you behind and moving to France, but obviously nobody can be sure.

I don't think you should worry about her breaking up with you just yet, especially since she said she really, really loved you. Let her have a couple of days to cool off and then ask her what's actually upsetting her.

She asked me to give her space, so it's her duty to call me, like she said.

I'm just going to have to end if I don't hear from her three days, for my well being.

I'm just going to have to end if I don't hear from her three days, for my well being.

Fair enough. Either way I hope it works out for you! :smile:
Original post by Stickman
Yeah mate, I was LDR for two years. You just don't feel like ending it because it's the worst thing that can happen atm. For me, obviously after breaking up, I was up for having another go after, but realised that she was going out with the guy she had feelings for (during relationship with me), a lot more often, and that just filled me with deep hate.

Yeah, your gf may not have done anything like that to an extent that you feel there's a reason to break up, but sometimes you have to look at the future. You're what, at uni right? Dw man you'll find a lot more girls. I had the chance to do the same a lot earlier than two years into our LDR, and I didn't so it hurt more when I came round to it.

Although I acknowledge your advice and experience in this, at the end of the day it's my choice, and I'm not going to end it. I might be totally wrong to think that she wants to end it, and if I end it then I'll be blowing my chances like a belligerent idiot.

If she does want to end it, well at least I'm prepared for it now.

Even if she calls within 3 days and thinks it's going to be alright, you need to be honest with yourself and see if it will ​be alright or not.
Original post by I love shopping
Fair enough. Either way I hope it works out for you! :smile:

Same. I love her to bits :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending