The Student Room Group

Weird Veins

I would really appreciate some help. Im a male, 18 years of age and im going to uni in a few weeks, if been looking at my arms and the veins in my arms seem to "stick out" a little bit, its worrying me a little. i think it may just be stress but i dont know, also does anyone know how to get rid of it, and whats causing it?
Thanks for taking the time to reply and helping me out!
Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pretty much every mans does, don't worry about it, makes you look like a real man
Reply 2
perfectly normal, dnt worry abt it m8
Reply 3
Mine do the same - I think it's when you get hot, it's the body's way of trying to cool down by running blood closer to the surface of the skin.

-Chris
Reply 4
Oh, i thought i had a problem! Thanks for your advice - Shady05, i bet you wouldn't of given me advice if you know what team i support! Thanks to firedeuce as well.
Reply 5
cdpuk
Mine do the same - I think it's when you get hot, it's the body's way of trying to cool down by running blood closer to the surface of the skin.

-Chris

oh right, thats quite clever then really isn't it!
Reply 6
It's called Vascodilation, the blood vessels expand and so they appear to be raised. Woop Woop GCSE biology.
Reply 7
Thanks, I'll look it up, see if there are ways to get rid of it because it makes me look like E.T.!
Reply 8
Just stay cool, keep hydrated and dont get too stressed.
If they dont go away dont worry.
Reply 9
FireDeuce
Just stay cool, keep hydrated and dont get too stressed.
If they dont go away dont worry.

I'll try not to worry its just with starting uni and everything, leaving my home, leaving work, leaving friends etc it takes its toll, do you know what i mean?
I do I do, but uni is a time to break away from all that holds you down and you will have the time of your life.
Reply 11
FireDeuce
I do I do, but uni is a time to break away from all that holds you down and you will have the time of your life.

well, its just that at my job - it has really brought me out as a person, gave me much needed confidence. i left today and there was a worker nearly in tears, im gonna miss them, and then theres my family - im not bothered about saying how much i love my family, im a real family bloke! its going to be difficult to adapt.
Reply 12
Yes perfectly normal mate. :smile:
It's like the coke zero adverts "workmates....without the work" You'll have all those fun memories and skills without having to work anymore. and you will have met amazing people to still be in contact with. Family is hard, granted, but it maks the times you see them more special.
Reply 14
FireDeuce
It's like the coke zero adverts "workmates....without the work" You'll have all those fun memories and skills without having to work anymore. and you will have met amazing people to still be in contact with. Family is hard, granted, but it maks the times you see them more special.

Thats very true, thats put my mind at rest a little :smile:
Reply 15
Anonymous
Oh, i thought i had a problem! Thanks for your advice - Shady05, i bet you wouldn't of given me advice if you know what team i support! Thanks to firedeuce as well.

Ha! R u a scouser or a city fan m8?? lol
Reply 16
Shady05
Ha! R u a scouser or a city fan m8?? lol

im an arsenal fan :smile:
Reply 17
Mine are the same, you can see them pretty much all the time on the underside of my forearms, perfectly normal. They pop up even more if you're hot or exercising. On the plus side, the hospital should have no trouble finding a vein for any injuections you may need to have in the future. :biggrin:
Reply 18
Cheer up
Mine are the same, you can see them pretty much all the time on the underside of my forearms, perfectly normal. They pop up even more if you're hot or exercising. On the plus side, the hospital should have no trouble finding a vein for any injuections you may need to have in the future. :biggrin:

i suppose thats one advantage!
Reply 19
Mine are the same, and so are the ones on my legs. Someone once said to me that it could be because there's not much fat on them, and I can almost always find them easily, even if they're not sticking up. It has never bothered me though.

Latest

Trending

Trending