The Student Room Group

Any podiatrists out there??

Hi, I am looking for some advice from any podiatrists or people who work in the profession. I'm currently in the final stages of a nursing diploma but finding it really difficult due to a number of factors. My main problem is that I have bilateral sacroiliac dysfunction and I also suffer with chronic fatigue.The entire three years has been absolute torture! I'm sure I would have enjoyed nursing if I didn't feel like I was about to collapse from exhaustion and wasn't in pain - all the time.
I'm looking to go into something less physical/stressful and wonder if podiatry is a sensible option. It sounds like something I would enjoy, I know it would mean another 3 years of study but if it means a sustainable career then I'd be happy to do it.
My question is what is podiatry like in terms of intensity of study, workload and physical stress?
Reply 1
Original post by Juro
Hi, I am looking for some advice from any podiatrists or people who work in the profession. I'm currently in the final stages of a nursing diploma but finding it really difficult due to a number of factors. My main problem is that I have bilateral sacroiliac dysfunction and I also suffer with chronic fatigue.The entire three years has been absolute torture! I'm sure I would have enjoyed nursing if I didn't feel like I was about to collapse from exhaustion and wasn't in pain - all the time.
I'm looking to go into something less physical/stressful and wonder if podiatry is a sensible option. It sounds like something I would enjoy, I know it would mean another 3 years of study but if it means a sustainable career then I'd be happy to do it.
My question is what is podiatry like in terms of intensity of study, workload and physical stress?

I left Podiatry at uni in 2nd year unaware I have Dyslexia. I am now doing medicinal chemistry but miss Podiatry. I am reapplying this being my final year. Podiatry does have a medical check so it'll be up to the uni whether they can provide reasonable adjustments. All I know about nursing is that the shifts are so long so in comparison to that Podiatry would be good.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply, yeah 12 hour shifts are a killer when you have a bad back. They let me do short days as a student but I won't be able to do that when qualified.
I need to look into further but think podiatry might be a realistic option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending