The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
Hi, I'm typing this cause I'm sick and fed up of my brother :frown:

I'm 18 and female, we've always argued in the past, I thought it was dying down and cause we've both grown since we were teenagers. Right well some info on my idiot of a brother.
He's 20, is at uni, thinks he knows it all, but can be very quiet, he's into death metal music, one of those people who is always in their room, hardly goes out, he's never had a girlfriend and his mates got one but he reckons he'll never have a gf cos they're a waste of time, blah blah. I just think he needs to grow up and think about the real world sometimes.
I've offered in the past to go to the pub with him, act as mates but he's just so horrid to me so i stay out of his way.

Anyway he's always threatening to kill me, and seriously scares me sometimes but I try and stay out of his way.
Just what happened today is a good example, a guy with a parcel (obviously something for him) came to the door and he was closest, i heard him moving around in the kitchen, anyway i'm busy writing a cv, i shout will you get the door, no reply. So i go sign for the package (bit peeved off) Anyway he appears as i shut the door and just clears off with his parcel. I said some slight remark about its your package and you can't even be bothered signing for it. So he starts shouting and condescending me, then hits me full on in the stomach with his guitar and pins me down and hits me with a chair! Getting me even more angry, I shout at him, but he hits me again and as if he has the right! Then he keeps threatening he'll kill me one day.

I'm sick and fed up of his pathetic isolated behaviour! I wish he'd just grow up and get on with people! He always has soemthing nasty to say about near enough anyone and he's been getitng on my mums nerves recently as well.
At least he is back to uni in a week or so, then i'll beable to get on without him around. I just hate him! It's no use talking to my parents cause they never believe me! I'd just like any advice on avoiding him? I do try but times like today, when the parcel thing, if I hadn't have got it he'd have done the same thing!
:frown: I'm just fed up, I thought he was growing out of being so pathetic. (Sorry just a bit of a long rant)

The bit in bold is EXACTLY the same as me and my brother, except he doesn't listen to death metal.

My brother used to hit/kick etc me a lot in the past (and he hit my mom as well a bit). He doesn't do it so much any more cause he's at uni most of the time now, and also because 2 years ago my dad (who doesn't live with us) had a massive go at him for acting the way he does. But he still does get incredibly angry, it's really frightening, and always threatens to kill me/my mom and he wishes we were dead, etc.

Back when he used to hit me a lot more, I was seeing a psychiatrist, and she tried to convince me to call the police (although I didn't). But, I think you should do this, as it sounds like he is actually more violent with you than my brother was with me. You could end up getting seriously hurt.
Reply 21
Wow, this sounds a lot like my sister and I were until recently, except that, y'know, I'm a fully grown man and wouldn't hit a woman. Sister or not, this isn't kids brawling. He's an adult man and physically assaulting you is out of the question.

Sometimes you can't do anything to force people to get along, but the physical side is something you shouldn't ignore. You're not kids any more, he's an adult man hitting you. Warn him if it happens again that you'll call the police.

Latest

Trending

Trending