The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by bluemoonshine
I'd put Taylbont south first followed by north for student life. If you want a fairly 'busy' and social halls those would be the ones to go for. Theyre about a 20-30 min walk from the biochemistry building (which is next to the main uni building), if you want something closer Senghennydd (pronounced sen-gen-eth) would be your pick, but it's quite outdated accommodation and loads of people I knew complained about living there!

Hope that helps

Thank you very much! You've been really helpful. Tbh, that's the order that I was thinking of. Do you know how the en suite is in Talybont South ? I found a video about Talybont North but nothing about South...
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Aggelos
Thank you very much! You've been really helpful. Tbh, that's the order that I was thinking of. Do you know how the en suite is in Talybont South ? I found a video about Talybont North but nothing about South...

It's generally just a bit bigger than the one in north. Theres a sink, and a toilet next to a shower, but the ensuite is more like a wetroom, as there's no shower curtain (but it's an ensuite so it doesn't matter too much really)

Glad I could help!
What are people doing regarding freshers? (Tickets, wristbands etc.)
I would really appreciate some advice, because I'm kind of confused with all the things adveritsed.. I don't want to be on my tod on freshers week 😂
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 843
Original post by Ffion_Mair
I would really appreciate some advice, because I'm kind of confused with all the things adveritsed.. I don't want to be on my tod on freshers week 😂

Thank god you asked bc I have no idea too😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aggelos

I'm also planning on studying Biochemistry, and I've chosen Talybont South for my first choice. They do offer en-suit bathrooms.

Hope I helped.
Original post by kbro7

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also have no idea, thank god you asked!
Original post by leahbaker_x
I'm also planning on studying Biochemistry, and I've chosen Talybont South for my first choice. They do offer en-suit bathrooms.

Hope I helped.

Wooo! So many biochem people with talysouth as their first choice :h:
Hey everyone. I'm moving into Seghennydd Court (house c) as a warden for my third year as a Law student! I lived in Talybont South in my first year and with friends in Cathays for my second. If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Original post by kbro7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be that mug that gets the Cardiff town wristband as you'll end up alone! Definitely go for the Cardiff Official SU wristband and go for the Icebreaker as most people had the ticket last year.
I have no idea about how any of this ticket malarkey works! -.-

Wait till you move into your flats and decide as a house :smile: that way you won't be on your own

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaisyWorthington
Wait till you move into your flats and decide as a house :smile: that way you won't be on your own

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's what I might do! X
Original post by sarah.caton
I've firmed my cardiff offer for dental hygiene, is anyone else stopping in liberty house/doing the course? :h:

Heeey!! I'll be on the dental hygiene course too ☺️ X
anyone doing pharmacy ?
Reply 854
I've applied to do radiotherapy and oncology!
Anyone here put Liberty house as their first choice accommodation? I have :smile:
Original post by suboftheday_
anyone doing pharmacy ?

Hopefully!
Reply 856
Original post by danni08
I've applied to do radiotherapy and oncology!
Anyone here put Liberty house as their first choice accommodation? I have :smile:

I have accepted Liberty house as my accommodation, has anyone got their flat no yet? An email said mine was room033 roomA😁😁 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know the date when Freshers week starts?
Original post by JustaDreamer
Anyone know the date when Freshers week starts?

Hey. Freshers starts Monday 21st September and goes on for two weeks until Monday 5th October. :-)
Original post by Still-Thinking
Hey. Freshers starts Monday 21st September and goes on for two weeks until Monday 5th October. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending