The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Uni classy?

I heard somewhere that nottingham was a posh uni with a high public school intake.Is this true? and anyone else REALLY disappointed with the city when they went to Nottingham?The University campus (both jubilee and campus park) are the best campuses I've ever seen but the city is such a hole!The shopping mall between town centre and the railway station was kinda average and the city on the whole felt quite industrial depressing. THink this was just due to the crap weather on that day or is nottingham city really a dump?
Reply 1
The town is fine.. I been there on a Saturday and a weekday and thought it was much like any other town. Alot of clubs and bars, decent shops - so it'll do! I'm not planning on living there forever, for for three years - I'm very happy with it.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Nottingham's actually quite a nice city. I agree that the Broadmarsh centre is a dump - however, this is a very small part of the city, and is actually meant to be being redeveloped. Unfortunately the railway station end of the city isn't the most attractive, so I think people often get the wrong idea about the place.

There are some lovely buildings within the city, particularly Lace Market areas, and right in the centre.

Shops are also really good. Nightlife is brilliant. It's a small enough city to be able to 'navigate easily' yet there's everything you could possibly want (I may regret having said this later - I'm sure someone will come up with something bizarre).

I've enjoyed my 3 years here so far - 2 more to go, but I'm planning on working as a doctor in the area.
If you found the city too bad for shopping you could always jump on the train and be in derby in like 10 mins. Derby isn't bad for shopping, debenhams, big topshop, 2 Next's, French connection, dorothy perkins.
Reply 4
Nottingham is far better for shopping than Derby. Just sounds like you were in the wrong part

Latest

Trending

Trending