The Student Room Group

Convo was so dead and awkward

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No we met on tinder and something happened.and never spoke to each other since the first time we met Tikal now never spoke to her since.So I just said buck it.Here is the story Met this girl on tinder, started talking and met her 3weeks ago Within a hour of meeting her , her mum calls and tells her ,their dad has been hit by a car.and now she hasn't spoke to me. She keeps saying I don't want to date because my dad is in hospital?

Oh so you haven't met in person? I wanna know because, if it's in person, there's different advice to give than if it's just texting. You see how we're talking now, just chat, mate. When I get nervous talking to a new bloke, I just like go with it. I remember when I first skyped I was nervous deep down but just like...talk about what you're doing or something, and let it go from there. If it's like pulling teeth or you're doing all the work for convo ideas and they're just like "mhmm" and "lol" and being like delayed then move on. Stop talking to em till they're ready, because it's clearly it's them. I hate when a bloke is like, "so...what's up?" The **** you mean? But I go with it, like, "nothing just dot dot dot." And if he's cool he'll ask me about that thing or build off it. Just build, build a house of questions. :wink: lol Or come up with convo topics, nothing too heavy unless you know the person is into controversial debate. Don't resort to sex talk. And don't pick too easy topics like pop culture, because that's friend-zoney bound convo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Madd Taurusette
Oh so you haven't met in person? I wanna know because, if it's in person, there's different advice to give than if it's just texting. You see how we're talking now, just chat, mate. When I get nervous talking to a new bloke, I just like go with it. I remember when I first skyped I was nervous deep down but just like...talk about what you're doing or something, and let it go from there. If it's like pulling teeth or you're doing all the work for convo ideas and they're just like "mhmm" and "lol" and being like delayed then move on. Stop talking to em till they're ready, because it's clearly it's them. I hate when a bloke is like, "so...what's up?" The **** you mean? But I go with it, like, "nothing just dot dot dot." And if he's cool he'll ask me about that thing or build off it. Just build, build a house of questions. :wink: lol Or come up with convo topics, nothing too heavy unless you know the person is into controversial debate. Don't resort to sex talk. And don't pick too easy topics like pop culture, because that's friend-zoney bound convo.

Thanks a lot . And are you a boy? Just asking. And no we met once for the first time in person.we just talked through texts for a week and arranged to meet . And now she hadn't bother talking to me ever since that day, unmatched me on tinder , blocked me on Facebook .
Thanks a lot . And are you a boy? Just asking. And no we met once for the first time in person.we just talked through texts for a week and arranged to meet . And now she hadn't bother talking to me ever since that day, unmatched me on tinder , blocked me on Facebook .

Well I can't advise you with a girl who's blocked you :s-smilie: And I'm a girl. :s-smilie:
Well I can't advise you with a girl who's blocked you :s-smilie: And I'm a girl. :s-smilie:

So hard
So hard

Since you a girl can you give me advise what girls look for
Original post by rayquaza17
Okay I don't think your jokes are coming across well in this thread.

Persistence is futile, clearly.
STart singing all star to her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since you a girl can you give me advise what girls look for

Oh...:erm:...well each girl is different. But if you mean carrying a convo along, just ask her questions. Seem interested and respectful for a start. Get to know her organically, I can't lay it out for you, sorry :s-smilie:
Original post by Profesh
Persistence is futile, clearly.

What exactly are you two banging on about? :facepalm2:
Oh...:erm:...well each girl is different. But if you mean carrying a convo along, just ask her questions. Seem interested and respectful for a start. Get to know her organically, I can't lay it out for you, sorry :s-smilie:
that's cool but I meant what type of guys do you normal approach or go for , and also what guys do normally approach you
that's cool but I meant what type of guys do you normal approach or go for , and also what guys do normally approach you

:erm:..confident, attractive. I like Irish chavs to be honest, but my general judgement (I suppose) is trustworthy :biggrin: Be confident, show you're educated, through demeanour and conversational skills; have a job, and don't smell. Boom.
Reply 31
This is what you should've done instead of talking to her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG72vgqNSVE
:erm:..confident, attractive. I like Irish chavs to be honest, but my general judgement (I suppose) is trustworthy :biggrin: Be confident, show you're educated, through demeanour and conversational skills; have a job, and don't smell. Boom.
I am that you mentioned, but what do you mean by attractive?
bloke on the far right with the watch and grey shirt, my type.

I am that you mentioned, but what do you mean by attractive?

look at my post under where you posted this question. :smile:

My type is chavvy attitude. Just is :closedeyes: He doesn't have to be a bad boy, just look like one. Fair enough. Obviously someone will have another type...general attractiveness is clean and put together at least. Confidence as well, don't be all beta and :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Tinder? Oh gosh
look at my post under where you posted this question. :smile:

My type is chavvy attitude. Just is :closedeyes: He doesn't have to be a bad boy, just look like one. Fair enough. Obviously someone will have another type...general attractiveness is clean and put together at least. Confidence as well, don't be all beta and :colondollar:

Aw that's nice , I wish someone found me attractive
Original post by Tillybanksy
Tinder? Oh gosh

Shut up you freak
Seriously thats not nice! I'm on Tinder myself..
Shut up you freak

Really thouuuugh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending