The Student Room Group

Extreme Sweating and Body Odor and I'm not sure why.

Well I'm a first year at university, been living in halls for about a month or so now and I've been sweating excessively and been giving off terrible body odour ever since I've got here.

I've never had a huge problem with either, before I came to university I had sweating problems only during physical activity and I didn't have a BO problem. Now even if I just leave my room, pop across the hall to do my laundry then it's obvious to me and everyone else that I have a problem.

I've really looked into this so the 'normal' reasons why I would have a sweat/BO problem don't apply to me. I am overweight but I've been losing weight the past 6 months. I have a very good diet for a first year student and I've been exercising every day, more so than I've ever done. I take 4-5 showers every day to help with the problem and I apply anti-antiperspirant when necessary.

I wear clothes that allow my body to breath, and the same with my shoes. I don't eat spicy foods either. I haven't yet gone to my GP but I am starting to consider it, if someone here has any suggestions or previous experience I would be very appreciative. Thanks.
4-5 showers? That's insane... I assume when you shower you use some sort of bodywash and scrunchy and proper scrub everywhere? Or are you one of those dutty individuals (i.e my housemates) who think using your hands will clean you? Also i'd imagine washing more than once a day will have negative effects on your skin (washing away natural oils or some shiz maybe).

I'd definitely book a Dr's appointment.

I used to sweat excessively but it was more like water, didn't smell like BO sweat i'd get from say running. As i've lost weight it's pretty much stopped now.
Reply 2
Hey there,

I might be able to help, i was in a similar situation, im now using a wipe which completely rids me of the odor, let me know if you want to try

Kindest regards

Ellis
Reply 3
I'm closing this thread cos it's old and that gets confusing. If anybody wants to discuss anything similar please feel free to make a new thread. :smile:

Latest