The Student Room Group

GSK graduate application 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentx123
have you heard whether you have been successful yet?

Nope I haven't heard anything since that email....how about you?
Original post by kit-kat92
Nope I haven't heard anything since that email....how about you?

Nope me neither!
Reply 62
Original post by studentx123
For all of you left in the dark about the video interview...I just completed mine and it was 8 questions - majority competency based with no technical questions for my specific programme (management). You get 1 minute to read the question and think about an answer. They then record your answer and you have 3 minutes but can stop the recording once you have finished your answer. There is no thinking time in between questions other than the 1 minute and you are not recording during this time.

Hi,
I have just received an email to complete the video interview. I have applied for the Microbiology programme. Could you please give examples of the questions asked? I have no idea about how to prepare for this interview. Also are there questions about gsk, competency-based questions or specific question for the programme applied for? thanks
Reply 63
Has anyone heard back from GSK after their interview?

ttop - to answer your Q, its mainly competency based but expect some Q on your area.
Been a week since I've passed the online assessment, still not heard anything.. Should I be worried?
Reply 65
No don't worry, it took 2 weeks from the online tests to get a reply for a video interview.
Anyone got to assessment centre yet?
I applied also to the management scheme. Competed my online interview last week and received an email two days ago saying that they are now reviewing them and if successful the assessment day is on 19/20 nov. Anyone been given a space yet??
Reply 69
I'm still waiting for video interview (hopefully) since passing online tests 10 days ago! my application status on their recruitment website disappeared last night. Anyone experienced that as well?

I've applied for RA
Original post by Mozzer101
I applied also to the management scheme. Competed my online interview last week and received an email two days ago saying that they are now reviewing them and if successful the assessment day is on 19/20 nov. Anyone been given a space yet??

I received that same email last Friday. Hopefully we should hear by tomorrow if we are successful otherwise I think its too close to the assessment centre if they wait until Monday! Fingers crossed!
I'm in the exact same position. I've got the email saying the assessment centre would be on the 19th-20th but haven't heard yet. Surely they need to say something soon?
Original post by hrcnotts94
I'm in the exact same position. I've got the email saying the assessment centre would be on the 19th-20th but haven't heard yet. Surely they need to say something soon?

Very annoying leaving us not knowing and if they tell us on monday its going to be a bit of a rush to get organised and up to London for the wednesday!
Had an email from GSK tonight saying they were impressed with my interview and to ensure candidate consistent the assessment day has been postponed to the new year!! Looks like the wait is going to be a little longer!!
Original post by Mozzer101
Had an email from GSK tonight saying they were impressed with my interview and to ensure candidate consistent the assessment day has been postponed to the new year!! Looks like the wait is going to be a little longer!!

Oh really, that's interesting. I hope that's the same for all of of them, I'm still waiting to hear and I was told the AC is 20th/21st.
Which scheme have you applied for?
Hey,

I did the telephone interview (after video assessment) a few days ago and was told candidates would be contacted via gradweb (which I assume is our email).

Surely it would make more sense to call candidates and invite them?

Also found out that Assessment centres for procurement is likely to be the 25/ 26th Nov
Original post by malpkami
I'm still waiting for video interview (hopefully) since passing online tests 10 days ago! my application status on their recruitment website disappeared last night. Anyone experienced that as well?

I've applied for RA

hey, same here, passed my test about 13 days ago and still haven't got an update.. my status disappeared as well.. been like that for the past few days.. hope is beginning to fade here
Reply 77
To those who have completed their video interview, has anyone received any status updates on their candidate page. Mine switched to "Thank you for registering your interest" a day after I completed the interview.
Reply 78
Original post by aeyurttaser13
hey, same here, passed my test about 13 days ago and still haven't got an update.. my status disappeared as well.. been like that for the past few days.. hope is beginning to fade here

I've asked the recruiting team about this status thing and I was told that it means that my application is under review...

my hope is beginning to fade as well :frown: I really wanted to get into this scheme as I want to explore the jobs within regulatory affairs and there are just no junior positions...
Original post by malpkami
I've asked the recruiting team about this status thing and I was told that it means that my application is under review...

my hope is beginning to fade as well :frown: I really wanted to get into this scheme as I want to explore the jobs within regulatory affairs and there are just no junior positions...

I too have been informed of this..

Basically the communications assessment centre has been filled with candidates whose interviews have been reviewed BUT mine (and I'm presuming everyone else's) haven't even been looked at yet. When I asked as to how they've determined the candidates that their application reviewed first, the excuse was "the communications scheme was very popular"..

I believe this implies the scheme operates on a first come, first served basis (in which case WHY wouldn't they just stop accepting applications after a certain quota has been filled!?)

ANNNNYWAY... The point I'm getting to is that, unless they prioritised those who applied first to review first & therefore invite to assessment centre, those randomly chosen have been done so out of pot luck it seems.

If so, I applied 6 days after the post opened - I doubt they became oversubscribed in such a short window..

I don't mind being sacked off for being sub-standard but to be sacked off without having my interview looked at? Behave!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending