The Student Room Group

- Insert rude words here - What are they doing?

Fourth year student. Integrated masters.
Applied as usual. Evidence all in. Declaration in.
Did this months ago.

I have a system error on my account, which asks for a childcare grant form (I don't have children).

I phoned up over 2 months ago about this and they told me they'd be doing manual payments.
I'm now 3 weeks into my course. I've been calling 3 times a week about this.

I was promised 3 WEEKS AGO that I'd have money in my account and now I still don't have money. I was told last week (Academic week 2) that I'd have it Friday at the latest.

I'm in private accommodation and they are demanding payment otherwise I will have late payment fees. And this is a term's rent, not a months!

They've given me some time to avoid this but this is taking the piss/
This is beyond ****ing frustrating.

I called up today and received the usual "Our systems are down right now" which is basically an excuse when they're busy and can't be ****ed to take a call - I know this because I repeated the long winded process of entering my details then repeating myself to an advisor to be told it's fine.

Update:

I called up an hour later, and was told that my payment was approved but he couldn't give me a timescale - so basically the same thing I've said before.
He also mentioned how much I'd have paid to me which is 200 LESS than what I am supposed to receive. (So 600 less for the year - I checked my correspondence, the most recent assessment is correct, however the one just before is being used and is dated 12/13 lol)

When I checked this with the most recent assessments I noticed the discrepancy and called up. They told me their system was down again. But I could clearly hear the advisor just eating and not even typing and I heard the familiar "The system is down".

I'd like an actual response and help with this; although all I seem to ever get is - "Please call us on 0300" or usual nonsense where I'm lied to, just to get me off the phone. I'd happily give my reference number to receive help on this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello SuperQ,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your application & repeated calls to us to have this resolved.

As we are unable to access your account through The Student Room you would have to call us for an update on this on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending