The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
When do we hear back from Birmingham post interview?
Original post by rakib567
how did everyone find Birmingham interview?

Don't you think that the interviewers were so lovely and friendly! They really put me at ease but I've no idea how I've done
Original post by jamie08
anyone have liverpool on the 23rd feb?

Got mine that day in the morning.
How did everyone think Leeds went?
Am I the only one who still hasn't heard from Sheffield? I know it's probably rejection but still ....
yeah ive mine at 10:30.
Original post by dolphin9799
Am I the only one who still hasn't heard from Sheffield? I know it's probably rejection but still ....

Call them up as soon as you can- you never know, they may have some interview places that opened up, or it will at least clear up the situation for you :smile:
Original post by Random.guy
Got mine that day in the morning.

same at 10:30
Reply 5988

I've called them out they told me that all interviews had been sent out and rejections would be sent between feb/mar.

Same here but I'm certain all interviews have been sent out
Original post by lambo6787
For Sheffield applicants who did not/ did get an interview, can you tell me know what GCSEs, UKCAT, Predicted A Levels you have? And also whether you do an EPQ

I got an interview
GCSEs 2A* 7As 1B
Alevels (predicated) A*A*A
A in alevel textiles
670 band 2 for UKCAT
I started EPQ but I didnt finish it...
Original post by Elizabeth_rose14
I got an interview
GCSEs 2A* 7As 1B
Alevels (predicated) A*A*A
A in alevel textiles
670 band 2 for UKCAT
I started EPQ but I didnt finish it...

Congratulations
Your stats are good and you deserve an interview.

It is so random though. Better GCSE results, better UKCAT score, completed EPQ
Satisfied work experience requirements etc but no interview. Gutting
Original post by RA211
Did everyone else find that their kings interview could've gone better? Mine was about 5 weeks ago and it was my first interview so I was really nervous! Everyone said that it was really easy but I don't know anymore

I feel the exact same way. I completely misunderstood the point of an interview and so approached it the wrong way. I would say about half my stations went well, the rest :s-smilie:

Original post by mercuryman
I like how everyone is so competitive here it's unreal. I guess once we get our offers we'll be a jolly lot.A friend of mine last year had an interview for UCL med, and he told everything about his interview to a girl who also had a ucl med interview the day after his. Now they both study medicine at UCL.moral: if you're destined to do something, you will do it.edit: I should've been specific, he didn't tell her any questions, he just told her what to focus on and what not to stress on and how the layout of the interview is and what you need to do to not waste time when you get there. It was her only interview. I really don't see the problem in that, seeing how broad panel interviews can be.Anyways, yeah, I was just saying, being a bit too competitive is unhealthy. If you really are serious about dentistry then it would really reflect in your interviews, no? :frown:

No one is being competitive though. All the information applicants are allowed to know before interviews is being given out no problem. It's the people asking for the questions we have a problem with as we have signed a non-disclosure form and it's not fair on everyone else. Also, most interviews are MMI so giving people hints on what isn't coming up/what to focus on is as good as actually telling them the questions as the questions remain the same. Congratulations on your friend getting into UCL though.

^Sorry to bring this up again.
Original post by lambo6787
For Sheffield applicants who did not/ did get an interview, can you tell me know what GCSEs, UKCAT, Predicted A Levels you have? And also whether you do an EPQ

Got an interview
8A*s 2As
Predicted 3As
695 and Band 3
No EPQ
Original post by Mancdude
Congratulations
Your stats are good and you deserve an interview.

It is so random though. Better GCSE results, better UKCAT score, completed EPQ
Satisfied work experience requirements etc but no interview. Gutting

My stats compared to most peoples aren't as good I think having textiles is quite different I'm also grade 8 saxophone so maybe that helped? Do you have other interviews though?
Original post by Elizabeth_rose14
My stats compared to most peoples aren't as good I think having textiles is quite different I'm also grade 8 saxophone so maybe that helped? Do you have other interviews though?

what did you achieve at As?
Does anyone know when Dundee will give out offers? Was thinking of withdrawing my application
Anyone aware of a good reliable website for the latest advances in dentistry? Thank u
Original post by ellieclinton
Does anyone know when Dundee will give out offers? Was thinking of withdrawing my application

Why are you going to withdraw? they said sometime march!
Omg Glasgow offer!!!! I'm so happy as I'm an international student!!!!!!

Latest