The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by preetg97
Applied to Newcastle, Kings' College, Barts and Plymouth.
(Already achieved) A*A*Aa at A-level in Biology, Geography, Chemistry and Psychology respectively, and an A* in Extended Project.
My UKCAT was 690 average and Band 1.

I am praying for an interview somewhere :bigsmile:

That's awesome! You'll definitely get an interview!
I'm praying tooooo
Original post by yoda123
is anyone getting emails from bristol about random crap, i get excited then realise its not an interview invitation

Me too!
(Already achieved) A*A*Aa at A-level in Biology, Geography, Chemistry and Psychology respectively, and an A* in Extended Project.

I wanted to apply to Barts, but their FAQ said they have a policy against taking students who already had started a course somewhere else?.. Is that wrong? I would have applied otherwise...
Original post by MAnnaMM
I wanted to apply to Barts, but their FAQ said they have a policy against taking students who already had started a course somewhere else?.. Is that wrong? I would have applied otherwise...

Their website says "The School of Medicine and Dentistry does not accept applicants who have not completed their degree courses, nor do we accept transfers from a related degree onto our medical/dental courses."

I didn't start my previous course (didn't enrol) so I'm hoping I'll be okay? :s-smilie:
Their website says "The School of Medicine and Dentistry does not accept applicants who have not completed their degree courses, nor do we accept transfers from a related degree onto our medical/dental courses."

I didn't start my previous course (didn't enrol) so I'm hoping I'll be okay? :s-smilie:

Aaaah, okay, I thought you had started it :smile: Yeah, should be fine then
Original post by yoda123
is anyone getting emails from bristol about random crap, i get excited then realise its not an interview invitation

me too, my heart drops a little every time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine lot already recieving interviews from Bristol :P

You SHOULD get one from Plymouth and also Newcastle if your PS is half-decent, Barts also should offer you an interview as they base it off UKCAT and UCAS tariff combined. KCL I have no idea about tbh.
Original post by Blobar
You SHOULD get one from Plymouth and also Newcastle if your PS is half-decent, Barts also should offer you an interview as they base it off UKCAT and UCAS tariff combined. KCL I have no idea about tbh.

Fingers crossed :smile:
Have you applied too?
Reply 1189
Have you applied too?

How many A* did you get? Impressive profile I must say!
Have you applied too?

I'm in my 2nd year at Plymouth atm, I applied to Barts and Newcastle too which is why I figure you should get interviews there.
Reply 1191
Original post by Blobar
I'm in my 2nd year at Plymouth atm, I applied to Barts and Newcastle too which is why I figure you should get interviews there.

I've applied to Plymouth too. How do you find the uni itself? What do/don't you like about it?
Original post by Blobar

Ah right, thank you for the reassurance. Put my mind at ease a little :smile:

Original post by KAWK
How many A* did you get? Impressive profile I must say!

I got 3A*'s at A-level and 2A*'s at GCSE :tongue:
Original post by KAWK
I've applied to Plymouth too. How do you find the uni itself? What do/don't you like about it?

Uni itself is fine, the course some would say is very good, personally I'm lazy and hate that everything is compulsory to go to. The clinical side is second to none and you won't find a better uni to go than Plymouth for the clinical side.
Reply 1194

That's impressive. I got 6A* and 4A but only got 655 band 1 in UKCAT. Fml.

Original post by Blobar
Uni itself is fine, the course some would say is very good, personally I'm lazy and hate that everything is compulsory to go to. The clinical side is second to none and you won't find a better uni to go than Plymouth for the clinical side.

How do you find the course itself? I hear from people that's it's really hard but is it that intensive or is it possible to take a more chilled approach?
interview from aberdeen!!!
Original post by kzburke
Congrats!! That was so quick :biggrin: When do you have it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kzburke

Omg, well done!!! Congrats!!
Original post by kzburke

Me too :smile:
Original post by JohnDeMetz
Me too :smile:

Congrats!!

Latest