The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheArmouredSaint
Nope, it's AIMPT. The exam consists of Physcis, Chemistry and Biology. But, it is extremely competitive and most of the seats are reserved for students from weaker backgrounds or different classes(Indian castes).

Are you or any of your parents an NRI(Non Resident Indian)? That's the only way you'll be able to appear for this exam.
My friend(who's American) just has to give the Sat 2 to qualify for certain colleges, not all of them accept the SAT's.
You should contact the exam organizers at http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx
Also: Bottom of the page http://entrance-exam.net/all-india-pre-medical-test-eligibility-criteria/

Hey

Yeah with AIPMT I don't do Physics and Bootany biology stuff looks hard on paper. I've checked them too. the thing is my whole family and I are Indian Citizenship and we all live in UK currently (now)

I really don't want to do AIPMT. Are SATs any easier in terms of content wise?

I checked the site and thank you for your help again.

:smile:
Reply 21
I am thinking of private colleges in India, witout entrance exams. Will i be eligible for it?
I am doing my A - levels in UK and I really want to get into med as soon as i can next year if my grades come out good, because if i had to do AIPMT then i would have to learn physics in depth and i may end up wasting my year if i fail it too.

THANK YOUU
Original post by Jacksgap
I am thinking of private colleges in India, witout entrance exams. Will i be eligible for it?
I am doing my A - levels in UK and I really want to get into med as soon as i can next year if my grades come out good, because if i had to do AIPMT then i would have to learn physics in depth and i may end up wasting my year if i fail it too.

THANK YOUU

Basically you're just looking for somewhere easy to gain admission to, that doesn't require any strict admissions criteria and where they will let in absolutely anybody?

Not sure I would trust you to be my doctor.
Yeah the SAT's are not too difficult, you can choose which subjects you wish to take.
Though I'm not too sure which colleges accept them. I'll ask my friend, might take some time though.

If you're going go to get good grades, why don't you apply to a UK university?
Reply 24
Original post by Hulkamaniac
Basically you're just looking for somewhere easy to gain admission to, that doesn't require any strict admissions criteria and where they will let in absolutely anybody?

Not sure I would trust you to be my doctor.

Hey,

I get your point. My cousin has gone off to China to do med, since it offers low entry requirements...

It's chosen for people with low ability or from poor background. Countries like Romania do the same that's why many people go there although it's competitive at the slightest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by TheArmouredSaint
Yeah the SAT's are not too difficult, you can choose which subjects you wish to take.
Though I'm not too sure which colleges accept them. I'll ask my friend, might take some time though.

If you're going go to get good grades, why don't you apply to a UK university?

Hi

It's really competitive in UK as the gov funds us, but with India I feel i'll do the SAT exams but studying abroad in China or Bulgaira won't be comfortable as it's language dominated. In India i'll feel more comfortable with the atmosphere and with language.
I'll take other countries into consideration as well.

~Your help is much appreciated~
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Hey Armoured Saint,

Does your friend have TSR account?

Is he/she loving MBBS in India

:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey,

I get your point. My cousin has gone off to China to do med, since it offers low entry requirements...

It's chosen for people with low ability or from poor background. Countries like Romania do the same that's why many people go there although it's competitive at the slightest.

Yes but courses aren't regulated in China so it's credibility outside the country would be questioned. Now obviously there are many Indian doctors in the UK who have had to negotiate the PLAB, not an easy exam by an stretch of the imagination and many do fail.

Romania has the advantage of being a part of the EU. If anything studying abroad is more expensive and if you were finding it hard to fund your place you have student loans, bursaries etc here in the UK.

the low ability point well that would be concerning.
Reply 28
Original post by Hulkamaniac
Yes but courses aren't regulated in China so it's credibility outside the country would be questioned. Now obviously there are many Indian doctors in the UK who have had to negotiate the PLAB, not an easy exam by an stretch of the imagination and many do fail.

Romania has the advantage of being a part of the EU. If anything studying abroad is more expensive and if you were finding it hard to fund your place you have student loans, bursaries etc here in the UK.

the low ability point well that would be concerning.

What makes you say that the credibility in China should be questioned?
What makes you say that the credibility in China should be questioned?

What makes you say it shouldn't?

The credibility of degrees everywhere need to be scrutinised regardless to ensure proper standards and the competent clinicians are being graduated.

The impression you have given about certain Chinese and Indian medical schools is that they are simply nothing more than diploma mills which will equip you with the MD/MBBS etc as long as you are prepared to pay over the odds, without regards to whether or not you're actually capable of being a clinician academically,emotionally, professionally etc.

Of course that's where the PLAB comes in to weedle out the dubious ones.

You seem to come across as a bit of a charlatan, someone who wants the glory of being a doc but without the hard work. If you've gone through the UK education system and are on course for decent grades then there's no reason why you shouldn't be aiming for a UK school. Yes competition is tough but if you have the grades and prepare a strong application, those that merit a place usually get in somewhere in the system.

I can't say for certain but I do hear stories of consultants sneering/overlooking UK nationals who graduated from Eastern European/Indian schools and you may want to take this on board.

If you were an Indian national, educated through the Indian system, then graduating from an Indian school wouldn't be a negative at all.
If you're looking for an easy admssion process, you won't find it.Medicine is the most competitive degree here.

About 700,000 sit the AIPMT ever year, of which 15% get admission into decent colleges.
Only about 100 kids get into the top college(AIIMS) through the examination. Some people end up doing about 12 hours of studying every day, for 2 years, as most of the admission seats are reserved already for people from weaker backgrounds.

With that said, my friend doesn't have a TSR account, but if you have any specific questions, I'll ask her(she's still in school).

You should probably look for some private colleges here, though they'll likely be quite expensive.

Latest

Trending

Trending