The Student Room Group

Who is the biggest fraud manager: Rodgers, LVG or Pellegrini

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Wondered how long it would take for Wenger to be mentioned.

He's trading on past glories.

Difference between him and managers like Mourinho and SAF is that they have a plan b. He clearly doesn't and if he does then he's too scared to implement it.
Reply 21
Original post by The Shed End
He's trading on past glories.

Difference between him and managers like Mourinho and SAF is that they have a plan b. He clearly doesn't and if he does then he's too scared to implement it.

He has a stubborness about him for sure. He doesn't seem to be as pragmatic as he used to be.
Hard to call Wenger a fraud, he's just past it (and will still finish top4 btw again this season and picked up the Cup last season despite that) whilst the likes of Rodgers never had it.

Wenger at his absolute peak was much better than LVG ever was as well, no doubt. Best manager in the world 2002-2006 arguably
Yeah Pellegrini is the fraud.

LVG and Rodgers are equal as frauds. How can you spend 150M on a squad and be relying on Marouine ****ing Fellaini ffs, Rodgers has had his hands tied with Suarez and Sturridge not being available for different reasons, they scored 53 goals between them in the league last season supposedly which is going to be next to impossible to replace. It's like Real Madrid taking out Ronaldo in their team.
Original post by jam277
Yeah Pellegrini is the fraud.

LVG and Rodgers are equal as frauds. How can you spend 150M on a squad and be relying on Marouine ****ing Fellaini ffs, Rodgers has had his hands tied with Suarez and Sturridge not being available for different reasons, they scored 53 goals between them in the league last season supposedly which is going to be next to impossible to replace. It's like Real Madrid taking out Ronaldo in their team.

Pello and LVG actually have credentials though, Rodgers is pure fraud and relied on the best striker in the world last season to mount a title challenge.

Called this April last season:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2657708&page=27&p=47334277#post47334277
Reply 25
Lol ^^^^^^^

He inflicts more injuries than Jack the Ripper.
Wenger
#WENGEROUT
Original post by sr90
s

Fellaini's been fine this season anyway, he isn't any worse than the backup midfielders at other 'top' clubs (Mikel/Ramires, Fernando/Lampard, Flamini, Lucas)

Maybe so and I did think that Fellaini will have an important role to play this season due to his stature. Don't think he'll be starting for too long just until LVG actually finds a way to make his wealth of attacking options actually do something.
Original post by jam277
Maybe so and I did think that Fellaini will have an important role to play this season due to his stature. Don't think he'll be starting for too long just until LVG actually finds a way to make his wealth of attacking options actually do something.

Prove this please with a quote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do tomorrow morning. May have been on Jam278 account but will prove this.
Original post by jam277
Will do tomorrow morning. May have been on Jam278 account but will prove this.

Cool. Prove this and the award is yours man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jam278
I reckon that Fellaini will have a good season this time round.

He'll be useful. He's not garbage and offers a different dynamic. He's the sort of person who you can't build a team round but is more than capable for squad depth.

Original post by jam278
Kagawa played in the same position as Rooney and then Mata and wasn't a better option than either.

Fellaini will be useful for games where you're struggling to get through by passing play, he can offer the plan B.

Something along these lines.

I didn't want to elaborate at the time but you can see what I was trying to get at. I also believe him coming into the team is temporary squad depth, Herrera will play soon enough and force Fellaini onto the bench, otherwise RVP will finally be dropped.
Wouldn't really say any of them are frauds. Rodgers probably the most of the lot but he's much younger than the other two and has done well at all his clubs except Reading. Pellegrini outdid Mourinho to the title last season. LVG has been good at a lot of clubs in a long career. Similarity between all of them is they've all been 'good', rather than 'great', at the clubs they've managed.

Wenger's a fraud now, but the biggest fraud in world football is Guardiola. Has had a squad significantly better than anyone else at both his sides, but has made things unnecessarily difficult for himself. Has been dreadful at Bayern: the Champions League 'campaign' nearly featuring a defeat against David Moyes' Man United was a joke. Also I'm not a fan of his breed of joyless footballing purists.
It's between LVG and Rodgers at the moment. Louis is shading it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So it seems.

Pellegrini is the biggest fraud clearly. He has world class players in every position x2 yet is already essentially out of the title race by November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He is 3 points adrift of Chelsea...there's over 20 games to play. How exactly is he even close to being out of the title race?
Original post by PAFCStan
Wouldn't really say any of them are frauds. Rodgers probably the most of the lot but he's much younger than the other two and has done well at all his clubs except Reading. Pellegrini outdid Mourinho to the title last season. LVG has been good at a lot of clubs in a long career. Similarity between all of them is they've all been 'good', rather than 'great', at the clubs they've managed.

Wenger's a fraud now, but the biggest fraud in world football is Guardiola. Has had a squad significantly better than anyone else at both his sides, but has made things unnecessarily difficult for himself. Has been dreadful at Bayern: the Champions League 'campaign' nearly featuring a defeat against David Moyes' Man United was a joke. Also I'm not a fan of his breed of joyless footballing purists.

LOL. Breaking the points record for Bayern is dreadful then?
People seem to think rodgers managerial career started when he joined liverpool NEWSFLASH he's had other jobs, and besides i'd say this is his first bad season at liverpool and suddenly he's a bad manager.
Reply 37
People seem to forget what Guardiola did for Barca
Original post by blue n white army
People seem to think rodgers managerial career started when he joined liverpool NEWSFLASH he's had other jobs, and besides i'd say this is his first bad season at liverpool and suddenly he's a bad manager.

He flopped with a Reading side far superior to other championship teams, he did a bang average job with a Swansea team and he got carried last season by the 3rd best player in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blue n white army

He was in charge of Reading, who had one of the best squads in the division (including Gylfi Sigurdsson, Ryan Bertrand & Shane Long) and narrowly missed out on promotion the previous season. Yet he had them playing awful football and was on course to get them relegated.

He's a fraud who just takes credit for other people's work (Martinez, Suarez). Glad he's finally being found out.

Quick Reply

Latest