The Student Room Group

Guys: is cellulite a turn-off?

I'm a 18 years old girl, 5'3", 140 lbs. I'm not fat, but my body isn't very toned either. I've a bit of belly and cellulite. Nothing dramatic, but it's clearly visible. I wounder would guys consider it a turn-off if i wear shorts?

Scroll to see replies

Wear what the hell you want to wear as long as you're comfortable. Sod everyone else.
It depends how much of it there is. It isn't attractive but a small amount isn't hugely unattractive.
Reply 3
hmmm... it depends i guess.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wear what you want. I hate stupid girls like you who wear things for guys. I bet you even wear makeup for boys and not yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Foo.mp3
I was honest about this, back in the day, and got negged to ****. Fact is: some guys won't mind, most guys will a little, and then there are guys like me.. :pierre:

Negged.

OP, as long as you don't look like someone wearing a rough leather onesie, you're fine.
In short, yes it is a turn off for me.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 18 years old girl, 5'3", 140 lbs. I'm not fat, but my body isn't very toned either. I've a bit of belly and cellulite. Nothing dramatic, but it's clearly visible. I wounder would guys consider it a turn-off if i wear shorts?

Well you are clearly overweight. If it bothers you so much then get in shape and lose some weight. But dont do it for guys, do it for yourself. Are you happy how you are? If not, then make an effort to change. If you don't mind, then a guy that does clearly isn't right for you. Tbh most guys aren't that picky but its ok to have standards, and most fit guys want a healthy fit girl
Yes it's a turn off
140 pounds for a women of 5'3 isn't overweight?
Original post by melissadawson
140 pounds for a women of 5'3 isn't overweight?

That's what I thought - it's probably at the upper end of the scale in terms of being healthy but I wouldn't say overweight.
Yeah, plus different women hold the same weight in different ways.
Reply 12
140 at 5'3

got a bit more than a little cellulite on your plate i think
To most guys, probably not but it is to me since I lift and follow a diet. I think you are overweight, you know you're overweight. Yeah sure cellulite and a bit of a belly is fine but you're only 18. Everyone puts on weight as they get older, how are you going to look like 3 years from now? You're going to look like a mess like the majority of women. Do something about it now.
Turn off indeed not the mention your height.
5ft3 and 140lbs is not overweight, it is VERY near it though. If you're curvy it does not matter though.

I'm 5ft8 and tbh I look chubby at 140lbs, but thats because of my body shape... I also gain weight at the face and my body starts to look like a fridge.
lol.
I'm 124lb. I eat healthy and exercise (If you don't I recommend it, it helps you feel better :smile:) and I'm slowly losing weight... hopefully next year I should get to 115lb which is my natural weight i believe
Cellulite is pretty random. I've seen some really skinny people with it. I didn't have it at 18 but I have a tiny bit now, not really visible except under harsh lights. Honestly it's not the sort of thing guys notice much, nobodies perfect anyway. Don't sweat it.
Original post by seventhdemon
Well you are clearly overweight. If it bothers you so much then get in shape and lose some weight. But dont do it for guys, do it for yourself. Are you happy how you are? If not, then make an effort to change. If you don't mind, then a guy that does clearly isn't right for you. Tbh most guys aren't that picky but its ok to have standards, and most fit guys want a healthy fit girl

By bmi, she's not overweight though. She's still in the healthy range, albeit only just.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Yes I think it's a turn off.
Meh you would have to see it to comment.

In what I've seen around 50% of cases under the age of 30 it's barely noticeable (if at all) to the guy, 30 is noticeable but hardly enough to be a turn off with the remaining 20% being a turn off. However it's hardly the end of the world unless you have a horrendous amount of cellulite, but thats no different to acne scars etc.

However over 30? woah a whole different ball game! But seeing the vast majority of women have it, most guys just put up with it more as they get older. We'd rather it not be there but whatya gonna do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending