The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Pros and Cons of Uni of Nottingham?

I received 2 unconditional offers from the university of warwick (management) and the university of nottingham (economics).

I was wondering if there are any current/past students that can help me judge the pros and cons of this uni so I can decide between these 2 universities?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by gerrardcoutinho
I received 2 unconditional offers from the university of warwick (management) and the university of nottingham (economics).

I was wondering if there are any current/past students that can help me judge the pros and cons of this uni so I can decide between these 2 universities?

Thank you :smile:

Nottingham pros:

Nice big green campus
Economics department has good employment results after graduation, and is climbing up from its already good position in the subject tables
Big international community-I always think it's nice to have diversity (although this could be the same at Warwick-I don't know a lot about that university)
It's always seemed very well organised to me-fast responses to any queries/emails and good maintenance of social networks-I tend to think organisation in terms of communication is a good sign
Close to Beeston, a small town, so you don't have to deal with a big city if you don't want to (although the big city is there if you need it/enjoy big cities)
I'll be studying there from next year

Cons:

The fact that it's a big campus could put some people off
Nottingham itself won't be to everyone's taste (I imagine it's the city that differs most from Warwick, but like I said you can exist there just by using the campus and going to Beeston)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by mscaffrey
Nottingham pros:

Nice big green campus
Economics department has good employment results after graduation, and is climbing up from its already good position in the subject tables
Big international community-I always think it's nice to have diversity (although this could be the same at Warwick-I don't know a lot about that university)
It's always seemed very well organised to me-fast responses to any queries/emails and good maintenance of social networks-I tend to think organisation in terms of communication is a good sign
Close to Beeston, a small town, so you don't have to deal with a big city if you don't want to (although the big city is there if you need it/enjoy big cities)
I'll be studying there from next year

Cons:

The fact that it's a big campus could put some people off
Nottingham itself won't be to everyone's taste (I imagine it's the city that differs most from Warwick, but like I said you can exist there just by using the campus and going to Beeston)

Would you say that the economics is roughly as reputable as the warwick business school? And will that affect me a lot in the future if it isnt?
Original post by gerrardcoutinho
Would you say that the economics is roughly as reputable as the warwick business school? And will that affect me a lot in the future if it isnt?

Economics at Nottingham is amazing - the department is a top 5 in the country. Going there won't damage your chances of any career - after all it was voted the leading graduate employer's top university (ahead of Warwick, which came second).

Top jobs, e.g. in Law or IB, are very accessible to Nottingham graduates. The 6th most common university found at the top MC firms in London, for instance: http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending