The Student Room Group
Reply 1
talk to the admissionbs tutor by phone. Build upa relationship. That's what i would do explain it all.
Reply 2
3 lads from my year who purposely were involved in a fight and charged all managed to get into Uni (Sussex, Warwick and i can't remember last one sorry!), so is possible!

-x-
Reply 3
Thanks Walker,

Emmy, do you know whether they had to give further deatails to the Unis they applied to?
Reply 4
The school actually informed the Unis as it was just awful... but you've said you didn't mean to - guessing it was just like a street fight thing that got out of hand?

Don't you have to fill in anywhere your Criminal Record? I can't remember, but anyway i don't think you actually have to inform the Uni as such (as in go out of your way to tell them)... but then again if you do and show your remorse can work in your favour!

-x-
Reply 5
baby_emmy
The school actually informed the Unis as it was just awful... but you've said you didn't mean to - guessing it was just like a street fight thing that got out of hand?

Don't you have to fill in anywhere your Criminal Record? I can't remember, but anyway i don't think you actually have to inform the Uni as such (as in go out of your way to tell them)... but then again if you do and show your remorse can work in your favour!

-x-

It was a street fight involving me and a friend against 2 other lads and we came out on top, however at court it was made out to be an unprovoked attack (which was rubbish), however due to the fact i didnt tell my parents and my solicitors were awful, i pleaded guilty.

For these courses you must declare criminal convictions.' The course i want to do dosnt involve this but i dont want to get caught lying. :confused:
Reply 6
My friend accidentally ticked 'yes' for the question 'do you have any criminal convictions?' only to realise what he'd done after it had been sent off! Poor sod, he's been desperately ringing round his uni choices to tell them that he hasnt got a criminal record!
Reply 7
PLease please please declare it. If you don't, and they find out - perhaps your school will send in a "the fight isn't in character at all" type letter - it's entirely possible that your application will be withdrawn as fraudulent.

Be honest with them, and let them know what really happeneed. As you say, the course doesn't involve vulnerable people so it probably won't matter, but I'm sure that they will respect your honesty and the fact that are mature enough to take responsibility for your actions.
Reply 8
How should i tell the University? Phone? I wouldnt imagine that its something i should put in my personal statement.
Reply 9
Nah don't put it on your PS - that's suppose to be about why you want to be on that course type thing... i know what i'm on about!

Hmm not too sure, as i don't know who you would tell - Admin or head of your course/department... Suppose with e-mail it can be forwarded on and you can say exactly what you want, whereas on the phone you might have to repeat or be asked random questions.

Sorry, probably making not much sense!!

-x-

Latest

Trending

Trending